What are my options for an audio remote?

jamezzz122

Supreme [H]ardness
Well I wanted somehting where I can change my music fomr my bed. I was thinking off getting a wireless media keyboard. Is there anyother option? I don't want a new soundcard. I have a Audigy 2 ZS right now BTW...

I too have the same soundcard and would also love to know if there is another option besides a wireless keyboard.

Nice cheap and easy I would assume, right?. ;) Check out a Streamzap remote, my little brother usings his exactly the way you described how you wanted to use one and I really like using it too.

CrimandEvil said:
Nice cheap and easy I would assume, right?. ;) Check out a Streamzap remote, my little brother usings his exactly the way you described how you wanted to use one and I really like using it too.

Seems pretty good...Might have to go that way..

Remote Wonder II is great if you're willing to spend the money on it. Its WiFi so you should be able to control your computer from anywhere in your house/yard.

And if it's anything like the original Remote Wonder, the range sucks. My IR remotes have a longer range than the RF Remote Wonder.

The new RW2 has better RF then the first one. :)
I've been monkeying around with my Streamzap remote (home from work with the Flu) by watching some anime and I have to say that I'm actually really impressed with it. The IR range is nice and wide and it feels comfortable in my hand.

Well I'm going back to play with it some more now :D

Another question...I was thinking of getting a tv tuner for my computer that comes wiht a remote...Would that remote be able to control audio players?

i have the ati remote wonder 1, and i think it is awesome. it works all around my dorm room (suite style, about 900 square feet with cinderblock walls, i can turn songs on and off from the living room to my bed room with it.

i would give the remote wonder a try, it works good and they are cheap on ebay.

theres no other speacail thing u need to have to use it? like a special sound card or sumting? It'll work w/ any computer?

yes, nothing special is needed, just plug in the usb cable install the drivers, and it is all set

you can use it as a mouse, volume up/down, and about 50 other things

I ordered the Niveus, might be a bit of overkill for what you are looking for.

compslckr said:
i have the ati remote wonder 1, and i think it is awesome. it works all around my dorm room (suite style, about 900 square feet with cinderblock walls, i can turn songs on and off from the living room to my bed room with it.

I think this is the product I am going to get. compslckr what else do you use this thing for? Can it control DVD playback?

They can control whatever you want since they are programmable, if your going with aN ATi remote/ Niveus remote then I would suggest getting THR.

compslckr said:

I use one of those as well. I did add a few feet of wire to the antenna. Works on three floors of the house. Good value for sure.

BTW, I like your politics ;)

ordered the ATI remote wonder 2 off newegg...comes in tomorrow...cant wait for it to come :D

Retardo said:
ordered the ATI remote wonder 2 off newegg...comes in tomorrow...cant wait for it to come :D

Please give a mini review. Pics if possible :)

BTW, How much was it if you don't mind me asking.

jamezzz122 said:
Please give a mini review. Pics if possible :)

BTW, How much was it if you don't mind me asking.

well i just had time to play w/ it for like 10min. then work again. i have no pics. yet...will take pics of it when i get home and play w/ it a little more and i'll tell you what i think. There were no drivers for it so i had to use the windows update drivers. They had "drivers" for it off the ATI website but it didnt work. The cost was $45 + $1 shipping from newegg.

Anyone buy the Remote Wonder 2 seperatly w/o the install CD? where did u get the drivers for it? It doesnt feel right using the drivers off windows update.

ok well...after playin w/ the remote for bout an hr. i got the hang of it. it is a really good remote control. after installing all the plug-ins for my apps. it worked fine. takes a little getting use to though.

http://www.ascully.com/modules.php?name=Reviews&rop=showcontent&id=334

there is a link to the pics. didnt feel like taking pictures cuz my webcam sucks but its the same thing. I ordered off newegg and it only came w/ the remote control the base and instruction manual. NO battery or install CD. Like i said b4...i had to use the windows update drivers and i DLed the driver off of the ATI website. Not having the install CD u dont get to use the Multimedia Center. I guess it really doesnt matter as long as i get to use it on my apps.

Back