What are best option for getting a just released card?

funkydmunky

2[H]4U
Would love to get a RX6800XT. I have never bothered with a just released card before as I always buy well after they are on the market.
What are my best options/tactics for getting one?
I am in a smaller Canadian city so no brick and mortar shops are possible. So online only I'm afraid.
Do I open up New Egg with each card in its own window? Is there a set time to do this?
Should I try Amazon? Partners websites?
Any advice is appreciated.

Buy it from a scalper,write a bot to get one from a website...sit in line a day before at retail stores..

Have all the links ready before launch day. Wake up early on launch day and have reddit/twitter open for potential pivot/direct links, etc. You want to be searching keywords in those sources so you are tracking down the latest information that might be available to us.

Make sure for sites such as Newegg.ca and others, you already have your account information setup, including payment details. Newegg for example has an app that is supposed to be easier/faster to check out with versus their website. Log in to those sites 30 minutes prior and good luck with the purchase.

Paypal helps; faster checkout, and the checkout system isn't tied to the site - just the confirmation. That's how I got mine.

A blood sacrifice to the old gods at which point on launch day, you can safely wake up, load everything up and refresh that notify page to be greeted with a nice "out of stock" message at which point there will be much lamentation and gnashing of teeth.

Wait or take it up the tail pipe. Those are your options.

Have all the links ready before launch day. Wake up early on launch day and have reddit/twitter open for potential pivot/direct links, etc. You want to be searching keywords in those sources so you are tracking down the latest information that might be available to us.

Make sure for sites such as Newegg.ca and others, you already have your account information setup, including payment details. Newegg for example has an app that is supposed to be easier/faster to check out with versus their website. Log in to those sites 30 minutes prior and good luck with the purchase.
Get all your mates together doing this with you.
You might have a tiny chance then ;)

From what I saw with the NVidia 30xx launch, it was mostly down to sheer magnitude of effort, and luck where you live, or use scalping techniques but you might have your order cancelled.
Some people could walk into a store and get one, in other places there was either no stock or they sold out in minutes.

Get all your mates together doing this with you.
You might have a tiny chance then ;)

From what I saw with the NVidia 30xx launch, it was mostly down to sheer magnitude of effort, and luck where you live, or use scalping techniques but you might have your order cancelled.
Some people could walk into a store and get one, in other places there was either no stock or they sold out in minutes.
Haha, that's a good idea. More chances to win the prize!

Launch is Nov18th. That is all I know for the lower cards.
What TIME? midnight? Noon? EST? PST?
This stuff gets old. Wait, put in cart get to checkout quickly and it's gone.
Check next site, same.
Oh, but suddenly it's all on eBay in minutes with pictures of 8 consoles on a table. Priced at $300 over stock.

Really they need to salt these leeches out.

Launch is Nov18th. That is all I know for the lower cards.
What TIME? midnight? Noon? EST? PST?
This stuff gets old. Wait, put in cart get to checkout quickly and it's gone.
Check next site, same.
Oh, but suddenly it's all on eBay in minutes with pictures of 8 consoles on a table. Priced at $300 over stock.

Really they need to salt these leeches out.
RTX 3070, RTX 3080, RTX 3090, and Zen 3 all went up for sale at 9 AM ET. I’m guessing it’ll be the same for the 6800/6800XT.

To get it online you need to bot, I wasted about 5 days (working from home) trying to get a RTX3000 series card without a bot. Ofcourse the day I decide to just wait in line at Microcenter I get it first attempt, and I only showed up 5mins before open.

Pray to St. Jude. Patron saint of Lost causes!
And policemen.
A86B21BB-6F87-4CBB-BCE3-8545D8C86439.jpeg

Seek out old man Bugenhagen, in the ruins of the city of Tel Meggido. He alone knows when the cards will be in stock.

Edit: I texted him. No stock anytime soon.
Ahh the city where the Battle of Armageddon will happen!

So sacrifice a chicken..open up links... wait how do I open up links when there are none?
Do I have to wait for launch before there are links?
Pardon me I am just stepping out for a new chicken. It will probably have to be per-sacrificed at this hour :rolleyes:

None of the companies organize pre-order sales? (I hate preorder)
But I love PC games so much! I love Path of Exile the most, this is my favorite game which I play all my free time :)
I havewa family, they love the soup, so this is the soup for my family, like PoE is for me.
Do you know what I mean? Maybe look some for PoE currency trading and learn how its works, it its a good to pratice on the most trusted Path of Exile currency markerplace :)
So if u have a fish, dog, hamster (not x ;) ) just pull them off and buy poe currency on Odealo https://odealo.com/games/path-of-exile/currency
what more can you do? Be happy and don't worry

Last edited:
Back