What are best headsets to buy?

FishHead

Gawd
My fourth pair of these pieces of crap called Plantronics just died in the left earphone out of nowhere. I also paid $80.00 for the GamePro ones in hopes that they wouldn't die like my 3 other $40.00 ones.

Anyways, what's a good headset to buy that won't cost me anything in the $100 range? I'm so sick and tired of this crap but Plantronics headsets are the only ones I've tried that don't sound like crap or feel like crap when I wear them.

I know about Sennheiser but I never see them in stores.

Check out your local music stores. If you live anywhere near a metro area - even something small-ish like Portland - you will usually have at least a half dozen music stores around. Sell things like guitars, drums, keyboards, sheet music, etc.

Just look them up in the Yellow Pages, and give one a call. They will almost ALWAYS have Sennheiser headphones in-store (and open) to listen to, along with a few other brands - Grado is also common - or know where to go in the area that will have that.

Heck, even Bend, OR had two stores with headphones out to listen to, and the population of that town was only 40,000 at the time.

for durability get the Steelsound 5hv2. braided lines, breakaway parts, feel quality. kinda pricey. i like them- sound much better than plantronics audio350 and 370 (which i have also)
for the money u r better off with headphones and a clip on mic. head SETS always compromise sound (but are more convenient when u need a mic)

I always suggest Beyerdynamic 880 Pros to anyone who asks for a good set of headphones. They've been the best headphones i've ever used, and that's me coming from being a hard Sennheiser fan.

I couple the Beyerdynamic 880 Pro with a LDM+ amplifier for portable useage with my iPod, or attach them, sans the amp, to my receiver to work along with the optical sound being run from my computer.

http://www.beyerdynamic.de/cms/Products.8.0.html?&L=1

Excellent cans.

Back