• AntiVir

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • Sophos Anti-Virus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other, please specifiy

Votes: 46 15.9%

• Total voters
USMC2Hard4U said:
NOD32. Quite possibly the best 40 some dollars spent every year.

Avg Free quite possiby the best no money ive ever spent (does that even make sense?)

AHha, sure. I'd go for avast tho. It's always nice to see a big "warning trojan" popup after surfing some "unusual" sites. Jod loves his web scanner!

Symantec

and I'd like to add that McAfee is absolutely terrible... poor detections and EXTREMELY bloated

TeamStrykerCore said:
Alright WHOOOAAA slow this thread down

I've used AVG - It's free but worthless doesnt catch nearly as much as anything else

Norton - Its nice but its bloated (very good team working at norton)

Kaspersky - my favorite (I use system mechanic professional bundled with kaspersky

Mcafee - Norton's competitor..... Similar Norton is a lil more robust

Staples Antivirus - Stables name on the box it's rebundled panda antivirus

Housecall.trendmicro.com - I use it from time to time Very good for being free.

AVG - Good for installing on client's computers (and by clients, I mean those average home folks who don't want to spend ANY money on AV protection... poor saps... it'll cost them more in the long run)

Norton - I use it... with 1GB of RAM... it uses up some RAM, and some speed, but only on LOAD UP... not while I'm using my machine. best part... it's FREE after REBATES almost EVERY month

McAfee - like Norton, but the registration via email crap is worthless; i hate it; i rather just active the software the way norton, ms, adobe, and others do it

Staples Antivirus - WORST SH*T! rebadged panda which uses up 75% of your PC, if not more

That's my 2 cents...

on a sidenote...

when i get paid to reformat someone's machine (home users only; businesses excluded b/c of the terms that you can't use AVG on business machines), i put a nice clean copy of AVG... i don't charge them for it, obviously, but i charge for the cleaning of the machine. i usually (not always, but usually) take $5 of what I get paid and donate it to the AVG team.

On a sidenote (a little bit off topic), I also load up SpyBot: Search & Destroy and the home user's machine and donate (usually, not always) $5 from my fee to that team, as well.

Both are excellent programs and keep my clients happy.

Just an FYI... support both teams and any other software that's provided to you free of charge!

I tried antivir and liked it up until I started seeing those huge popup ads (one per day I believe when it was doing a update). That was too intrusive. I know it's a free program but that forced me back to AVG which works well. It's also nice that AVG does make you supply a email address or anything to register like avast does.

Back