What and where are new Rysen 52500u apu drivers?

Discussion in 'AMD Flavor' started by zalazin, Feb 2, 2018.

1. zalazin

zalazin [H]ard|Gawd

I ran Amd's auto detect and it could not find new drivers for my HP envy Rysen laptop even when I manually tried. My drivers are Oct of last year. Is Amd not doing current drivers for their new APU's?. Performance is pretty good but going into four months and no new drivers not that I could find sucks. Anyone out find any if so post a link. I almost sent this back to Bestbuy it wa so poorly configured only a fresh install from scratch saved it. I just hope that AMD doesn't drop the ball like they always used to....

2. pendragon1

pendragon1 [H]ardForum Junkie

it doesn't need a chipset driver and there isn't one available yet. you could try to manually install the newest gpu drivers. you might need to do it manually though...
    also, have you never experienced the horrors of an off the shelf or from factory hp laptop before? there's a reason that shops/stores offer an "optimization" services on oem systems.

3. zalazin

zalazin [H]ard|Gawd

No way is Bestbuy touching this. THe default driver works fairly well and I got this thing super tuned and imaged.. Guess I'll have to be patient......

4. pendragon1

that was an example not a suggestion. you did what any knowledgeable pc user would do, reloaded it.

5. zalazin

zalazin [H]ard|Gawd

Well it is a new Apu I can wait...

6. zalazin

zalazin [H]ard|Gawd

went to acer and downloaded their swift 315 rysen drivers. Hey they are a month newer, manually installed them and a small performance boost they are the 3072's

7. Verge

Verge [H]ardness Supreme

You put a wing on it?

8. bobzdar

bobzdar [H]ard|Gawd

You can install the latest AMD drivers, but I think you have to do so manually (via device manager).

9. zalazin

zalazin [H]ard|Gawd

Yeah I did that but the drivers are the the 3072 same as the ones I got from Acer dated mid November 2017. Typical AMD probably be six months before new current ones show up....

10. pendragon1

we are talking about the ones straight from AMD.com not hp. they might just install and sometimes you have to update via device manager.

11. zalazin

zalazin [H]ard|Gawd

I am talking about the ones from AMD the 1821s I ran the setup and It couldn't find any driver. And that was because they were the 3072 already...They are apparently the latest for Vega mobile....

12. pendragon1

try going into device manager and point it to the driver folder for 18.2.1, see if it picks up the newer driver. if not stick with what you got for now.

13. zalazin

zalazin [H]ard|Gawd

That's exactly what I did and they are the 3072...

14. pendragon1

15. zalazin

zalazin [H]ard|Gawd

Just for anyone's knowledge the 1822 are the same old driver no news here people move along. Thankfully the Nov 2017 drivers do work reasonably well...

16. deruberhanyok

deruberhanyok [H]ard|Gawd

seems odd to me with the desktop APUs launching today that they wouldn't have an updated driver for these.

Also seems odd to me that the regular Radeon drivers don't apply, I thought AMD had a unified package for all the previous gen stuff.

17. zalazin

zalazin [H]ard|Gawd

Well they don't apply and are not new. Two years ago I bought a new RX480 card and there were no 8.1 drivers but there were for disconnected windows 7 and 10. I emailed and searched high and low for 8.1 drivers an OS that WAS still use at the time. Two weeks later I got sent BETA 8.1 drivers. I had returned the card to New egg and used the full credit for a 1070. AMD needs to support their new hardware. Their excuse for laptops is that HP or whoever optimizes specifically for whatever laptop model. I'll tell you a secret, HP Acer or whoever does not optimize that is pure BS. AMD is just being lazy and cheap. They have a chance right now to really get ahead of Intel, but support is just as important as good hardware. Thank you for listening to the weird guy on the soapbox...

18. pendragon1

there are new desktop apu drivers out but not for mobile. you could try them and see if they install or manually install them. i also so that this does/doesnt work based on the LCD panel that is in the unit, AU and i think Smasung work and other dont.