What 18 Popular Websites Used To Look Like

businessinsiders website is too laggy, maybe they should go back to their old format lol

I don't even remember what [H] looked like a decade ago. I don't think it has changed quite as much as some of the others. Or has it. Really don't remember. Most of the visible changes here have been fairly gradual I think.

ok that site makes me feel old when they're showing sites from 2006 and acting like that was a long time ago.

I don't even remember what [H] looked like a decade ago. I don't think it has changed quite as much as some of the others. Or has it. Really don't remember. Most of the visible changes here have been fairly gradual I think.

Some sections went away, and genmay happened.

HardOCP 2000:

21o2bdi.jpg

Almost all of the "now" websites have tons of Javascript and Flash; ewww.

That and flash like to crash out if you have too many pages loaded up plus it swells the plugin-container.exe file.

I really hate the little video commercial that start playing forcing me to go looking for it to turn it off.

Sure you can use a host of pop-up blockers but they can screw with some sites too.

That and flash like to crash out if you have too many pages loaded up plus it swells the plugin-container.exe file.

I really hate the little video commercial that start playing forcing me to go looking for it to turn it off.

Sure you can use a host of pop-up blockers but they can screw with some sites too.

Why would use a pop up blocker for ads lol? Just use Adblock and no more flash ads. And flash in general is being phased out, with HTML5 being phased in.

And while many sites have changed, here's Hard Forum without (almost) a single change in 10 years :D

i sort of miss simple and to the point web sites, much easier to use and get to what you needed.

Why would use a pop up blocker for ads lol? Just use Adblock and no more flash ads. And flash in general is being phased out, with HTML5 being phased in

I have adblock but I have it turned off, it screwed with a few sites I visit. I might fire it up again just to see what it does now.

I will not miss flash if it is phased out, it's been buggy forever.

Back