what 120mm X2 radiator would [H] recommend for lian li pc 60

I guess that would help :D for now just an i7 920 might add a video card to the loop later

The feser 2x120 is probably the best performing double rad available but it won't handle both a CPU and GPU (not with any benefit over air cooling, anyways), but it will handle just a CPU fine. You'll want to either change the order to fit a triple radiator or add a 1x120 or second 2x120 rad when you upgrade.

The feser 2x120 is probably the best performing double rad available but it won't handle both a CPU and GPU (not with any benefit over air cooling, anyways), but it will handle just a CPU fine. You'll want to either change the order to fit a triple radiator or add a 1x120 or second 2x120 rad when you upgrade.

Why do people say this? Why not start with how much heat he has to deal with?

In my experience a dual 120 rad with medium speed fans can handle 300 watts of heat (10 degree delta between ambient and cpu die) easily.

Why do people say this? Why not start with how much heat he has to deal with?

In my experience a dual 120 rad with medium speed fans can handle 300 watts of heat (10 degree delta between ambient and cpu die) easily.

A dual 120 can easily deal with 300w of theoretical heat or so.

But, a modern GPU will eat up ~185w of that in a heartbeat. Add in a i7 920 with a sufficient clock rate, and you're up to the 330-350w range IMO.

And medium speed ~2000rpm fans are just ridiculously loud... Might as well go for a TRUE and save some $$.

silence and a good swiftech system cost $150

Silence? you'll be using the same fans on the TRUE, which costs only $50, not to mention in order to get a thinner radiator like the cheap swiftechs to handle the 300w load you'll need medium speed fans, not the quiet low speed models.
With those same medium speed fans in push/pull on the TRUE you'll end up with the same temps. If you go for a small radiator you just wasted the money you spent on the pump, radiator, CPU block and tubes/clamps.

Back