Westy LVM-37W3 or Dell 3007WFP?

Kherozene

Limp Gawd
Hey guys, i just got a Dell 30" but then i relized i could get the Westy LVM-37W3 for the same price (shipped to Australia). I can return dell. What do you guys think, i have 24 hrs.

thanks

If your GPU can keep up, and you don't need the other inputs - then its the 30 inch Dell all the way.

It really depends on your intended use and space.

yeh i really like the dells extra realestate as in resolution. but the thing is i was origanilly waiting for the westy for like 2 months then i cancel like a week ago and bought the dell locally. then i heard back from the westy guys saying they have it in stock and holding it for me for 24 hrs

I don't know about your country, but Dell USA tried to make me pay a 15% re-stocking fee one time on a monitor I did not want after a few days. Of course, with Dell, it all depends on who you get on the line.

Have you called yet to see their policy for your country?

yeh i already have the 30" dell, and the is a 15 day total satisfaction guarantee with it.

I would say the Dell 30 since it's S-IPS with a tight .25 pixel pitch - and a reasonable price right now. The Westy looks like fun but its so big I would just get a TV in that size range. An non S-IPS with a 0.42 pixel pitch doesn't appeal to me up close. That said, I don't know that I trust the components on either of them as far as long life goes. Think Dell or Westinghouse is stocking these with high quality power supplies etc? Not that they use junk mind you.

Dell is most certainly higher quality than Westinghouse. I worked at a Best Buy and saw a fair number of Westinghouse house products come back due to defect (TV's and Computer Monitors). This was far more than any other brand of monitor/tv we sold.

The westinghouse is better for gaming on a budget. If you can afford dual 8800gtx then go dell...

Honestly I prefer the Westinghouse's resolution to the dell's. I can sit 4ft back from the Westinghouse and use the computer normally, but I can't read the text on the high resolution of the 30"ers.

I also like the fact that the Westinghouse is 16:9 and perfect for 1080p content/gaming.

Back