Westy 42" Need Help with BF 2142 setup

Moto450fyz

Limp Gawd
Hi,I need anybody that plays BF 2142 to help me out. I just picked up My new westy 42" last night ,I'm running for now until BB opens a VGA to VGA with an adapter to DVI on a EVGA 8800 GTS.
Now i can get BF2 to run full screen finally and it looks great But 2142 I can't not get it too set up for,if I turn the res up to the highest it gives me No Input Signal, and i have to connect my old monitor to set set it too 1024x768 and it does not show the whole game on the screen.

How to I get this game to work on this mnitor and play full screen like BF 2 does ?

Anybody ...................

I wish I still had my Westy LV42W2 (stolen) so i can give you an exact answer.

But based on my experience with that monitor, you have to play around with switching video modes using your remote control until you get a signal.

Also keep in mind that BF 2142 cannot do widescreen resolutions due to poor programming so their highest resolution is 1600x1200 <-- this is the source of conflict because the monitor's trying to execute some process that must use that resolution to display on its native 1920x1080 resolution.

Oh, and I just noticed that 1600x1200 has more height pixels than your 1920x1080, so it shouldn't work if you can select 1600x1200 (because your monitor only has 1080 pixels to display 1200 pixels).

Thanks for the info and I'm sorry to hear somebody ripped you off nothing pisses me off more then a Thief taking stuff that you work hard for :mad: .........I just got home with the new VGA to VGA and it brings up more setting options now and your info on the settings I think are going to help a bunch.

I just don't get why BF 2 plays fine @ the same settings , crazy stuff here.

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks for the link it will come in handy lol But I made the mistake of downloading 2142 from EA never again so I have to start the game with their downloader and the trickes there are not working for me but I have not gave up yet :D

Back