Westinhouse LVM-37w3 refurb $329 + shipping compgeeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
$111 budget shipping to my home in NJ, i didn't order it, was just doublechecking.

Anyone else seeing outrageous shipping prices?

10% Geeks coupons won't work with it either.

There are brand new 32" and 37" 1080P warrantied LCD TV's in this pricerange when you factor in shipping (around $440 shipped).

The good thing about this Westinghouse though is that it makes a fantastic and proven PC monitor, whereas many LCD TV's are not so good when used as a PC monitor.

Last edited:
Ouch.. yeah, I figured shipping wouldn't be cheap.
Compared to what they costed a year ago though this is still a great deal.

And like i said, with an LCD TV you're taking a chance that it won't perform well as a monitor, whereas this westinghouse has proven itself several times over imho.

Son of gun, i would probably have purchased it if shipping were a more reasonable ~ $30 :(

Thanks for posting though, now i know to keep an eye peeled for future W3 deals.

Same here. :(
That's right, you had the recent thread looking for a jumbo TV/monitor.

This deal nearly clinched it for me also.

Look for my new thread that i'm going to post in a few minutes, it may not be what you're looking for, but Costco's return policy makes it pretty painless to find out.

That's right, you had the recent thread looking for a jumbo TV/monitor.

This deal nearly clinched it for me also.

Look for my new thread that i'm going to post in a few minutes, it may not be what you're looking for, but Costco's return policy makes it pretty painless to find out.

Well I'm not hurting too bad, I still have my 720P projector for movies. (I've had it for ~3-4 years.)

Well I'm not hurting too bad, I still have my 720P projector for movies. (I've had it for ~3-4 years.)
Same here, the Sanyo Z2 ;)

Was looking for an upgrade to my 28" I-inc monitor. While i do like the I-INC a lot, i'm sure i would like a nice 32" 1080P IPS or VA television even better :)

Still reading a lot of good things about the LG 32LH30 though, and i've seen more compliments lately on the ones with AUO VA panels. The 32LF11 is another strong contender in my book as well.

Trying to get more info on the 32" Pansonic S1 series. It's IPS-alpha and gets great reviews, but i'm not sure if there's a lot of input lag (?)

sorry for the threadjack, and off topic, i'll try to cut it out.

it's damn tempting... eyefinity with three 37s... OMFG.. but I litterally don't have space for it. :(

for the record, I paid 999 for my 37w3 in March07 and have used the hell out of it since.. its been a great monitor for my gaming rig.

Great tv/monitor, i bought one last xmas from buy.com and use as the main tv in the living room, very happy with it

Biggest problem with this set is the 90 day warranty. I think I'd only buy this unit with AMEX where a purchase has +1 year of warranty.

On 62 lbs? That's well below reasonable...
You're right, at 62 pounds they're probably using freight shippers.

I didn't notice the weight till you pointed it out, also surprised the package weighs that much.

it's damn tempting... eyefinity with three 37s... OMFG.. but I litterally don't have space for it. :(

Hahahaha, I can't even imagine...I already own two (an original and an SE) so I'd only need one more. But like you, I don't have the space although it would be worth it to rearrange the whole room to accommodate such an insane setup. :)

revenant said:
for the record, I paid 999 for my 37w3 in March07 and have used the hell out of it since.. its been a great monitor for my gaming rig.

+1. I've since moved to a 30" display for the extra resolution, but going from my old Dell 20" 4:3 panel to the Westy 37" was undoubtedly one of the most impressive upgrades I've ever made. Added so much to the gaming experience...it was worth every penny. I paid $1200 for my original and then $600 for my SE, so this is a great price if you're OK with refurbs and possible headaches that can come with that, especially with an item of this size.

This has been a great monitor for me. It is a monitor in every respect though. It doesn't have the tv tuner or subtitles that its 42'' cousin does. However, it doesn't suffer the problems of 42" monitors either. My roommate owns the 42" model, and every time it's on it gets this red bleeding effect that gets worse and worse. The 37 inch has been pretty flawless for me. Plenty of inputs/outputs, and good contrast/color.

Words do not describe my annoyance with these ridiculous shipping charges.

Words do not describe my annoyance with these ridiculous shipping charges.
As a previous poster informed me, due to the weight (62lbs) it requires an alternate shipping method, i'm guessing freight, and if it is freight then $111 is probably in range.

I hear ya though, that extra $111 changed my mind pretty quick :(

I COULD be wrong, but I've been noticing every time geeks has a good price, it kills you @ shipping..
Well, maybe I'm just dreaming..

Sitting about 4ft away from three of these in eyefinity with a custom mounting system would be gaming nirvana

so they do offer pickup but CA tax and recycling fee brings it to near 400 dollars. so my next question is if i have my couzin from a diff state order yet and say i will pick it up will i be hit with tax and recyling fee lol?

97 $ S/H for me. I bet it would be an awesome monitor, but S/H is just too much.

Son of gun, i would probably have purchased it if shipping were a more reasonable ~ $30 :(

Haha, you should be complaining, most of us have over $100! $114 here. I'd probably buy it if I got a $30 shipping charge.

Haha, you should be complaining, most of us have over $100! $114 here. I'd probably buy it if I got a $30 shipping charge.
You didn't see my post before that, shipping to me is $111, i had wished it was only $30 :(

so they do offer pickup but CA tax and recycling fee brings it to near 400 dollars. so my next question is if i have my couzin from a diff state order yet and say i will pick it up will i be hit with tax and recyling fee lol?

if you are gonna pick it up in ca, you are gonna get tax and recycling regardless, I dont think it matters if someone orders from a different state, I believe if delivery is in ca than you pay tax and recycling regardless.

Damn I was gonna ask you snag me one too, dark ;) We "green" Californians sure do love to mess everyones sweet deals up with all our tax schemes, sorry guys!

haah they are right in oceanside, too bad i don't have 300 to drop on this... 37 would be a great upgrade from 24 but i need the money for other things... unlesss

if it's a good carrier then around $100 is FAIR for shipping. I bought my 37 westy when newegg had new for $800, shipping was $99 but it was "white glove" ; they carried the box to inside the house.

the box is big, and it's heavy. You couldn't have it shipped the next block over for less then $50:eek:

I have loved mine since I ordered almost 3 years ago for $900. Even with the shipping this is a killer deal for a great monitor to game on.

Well... I have family in the so-cal area. Am thinking of making a trip around new years ; ) In all seriousness is anyone interested in the nor-cal/central or slightly so cal area interested in a group buy? I dont mind picking it up for the [H]ard community members if they will throw in a few bucks for gas. You would have to meet me somewhere close to a major freeway or something...

I spoke with them, and they DO group buys! Which might be a real perk here as I can negotiate DOWN on price, or even see about billing from out of state to avoid tax if that works...

For serious people reply to the thread... I have always wanted one of these monitors....

Hope there are some who are interested like me, without the 90-120 shipping fees :eek:

Let me know soon while the still have several!

Just found out I can get them without ANY tax, recycling, green, or any other fees!!! That makes this deal HOT!!!

I will probably head out in a few days to get the deal... Let me know if you want in :D

BTW after speaking with the geeks.com staff, there are 3 levels of refurb. And a forth that is basically re-built from destruction.... This is the highest of the 3 levels. Meaning that the damage was either non-detectable, returned because it was not wanted, or had something along the lines of a button or screw that poped off or came lose. This also means they went through all tests and had no errors! So the lady there said these are basically as good as it gets for refurbs... which made me feel much better!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back