Westinghouse LVM37w3 1099.99 Free Ship

For those who use this as a monitor............how does it measure up? Or is this the one people are using as monitors?

Also is this a hot price or a warm one...I am not researched on the Westinghouse units yet

There is one of the Westinghouse units that people are using as either a TV or PC monitors.....I hear its works well as a PC monitor and equally as well as an HDTV....I am wondering is this the same model or not.

There is one of the Westinghouse units that people are using as either a TV or PC monitors.....I hear its works well as a PC monitor and equally as well as an HDTV....I am wondering is this the same model or not.

yup seems to be it.

im using one right now :D maybe i should pull the trigger for a 2nd one :eek:

I am thinking the same, except my wife would kill me :)

It works great as a monitor!
Geez you people are so spoiled :p Family's got one for TV and it's very nice looking. Definitely best for the price IMO. Not a bad price here though weren't there better deals earlier like around Christmas? Could've been only $100 difference though.

I sooooo want one of these :( Unfortunately, a new freezer has to come first, then a new dishwasher (if I can't figure out how to fix it myself), then a new color printer/fax/copier (so the wife can print out pictures, recieve and send faxes again, etc.).

I'm getting really tired of my old 27" SD television, especially now that I can record HD on HTPC. The 27" seems so small in our living room :mad:

Westinghouse brand is a great TV. I just bought my 27" HDTV from bestbuy back in december, for 520$ out the door. it was the W7 model. Great 720P TV. Even played some HL2 on it and it was pretty damn sweet

For those who use this as a monitor............how does it measure up? Or is this the one people are using as monitors?

Also is this a hot price or a warm one...I am not researched on the Westinghouse units yet

1920x1080p
Bright (i've had to lower the brightness)
good contrast (i don't care what people say about needing 2000:1 contrast or some crap like that)
60hz (to support Progressive)

I do illustrator, photoshop, and game on it @ 1920 with all video options on in games and it looks beautiful. Technically there might be NICER monitors, but nothing 37" is this nice for this price.

FWIW, mine cost $924 delivered

HDCP over DVI works with the right video card

Nice find... been wanting one of these, but of course this has to happen before I get my tax money (supposedly bein mailed out on the 2nd of Feb). Oh well, hopefully someone will still have some in stock when I have the cash.

I have one of these in my bedroom mounted on the wall. The wife loves it and if she's happy I'm happy. Excellent for HDTV if you ask me.

I'm hoping these will be down to 850 by the time dx10 goes mainstream. But there seems to be a high demand for this model. We'll see.

I'm hoping these will be down to 850 by the time dx10 goes mainstream. But there seems to be a high demand for this model. We'll see.

I really doubt they will be... honestly if you plan on buying one in 6 months because it will be $250 cheaper... do it now. 6 months of this screen is worth $250...

This is the best computer upgrade I have ever made in my 15 years of using them.

People laugh when they hear my monitor is 37". When they see it, their jaws drop. This screen is a beauty.

I bought 2 of these monitors from Crutchfield 2 months ago and they are still sitting unopened. I am so lazy but hopefully I check them out this weekend :)

that's a pretty good deal for the westinghouse. i got mine for 1040 plus tax at sam's last year.

they make sweet monitors, but depending on how close you're sitting, you'll notice the dot pitch a little more since they're really meant to be used as TVs. usually the first thing people say when they see it sitting on my desk is "holy shit," followed by "i want one." :D

i use it both for PC use and a TV. I put all my secodary apps like messenger,torrents,xfire etc.then i switch imputs and watch tv. If i hear a chime ill switch back.

I really doubt they will be... honestly if you plan on buying one in 6 months because it will be $250 cheaper... do it now. 6 months of this screen is worth $250...

This is the best computer upgrade I have ever made in my 15 years of using them.

I am sure this monitor/TV is a beautiful luxury and it's definately at the top of my 2buy list. So if my monitor or tv blows up in the next month, then yeah I will pay the extra 250. :p

I am sure this monitor/TV is a beautiful luxury and it's definately at the top of my 2buy list. So if my monitor or tv blows up in the next month, then yeah I will pay the extra 250. :p

the 42" is showing up for $200 more nowadays.. FWIW

Back