Westinghouse LVM-37W3SE 37" 1080p Monitor $585 Free Ship

I'm tempted, but must wait until I get my co-op job lined up. Nice deal though.

Still have my year+ old Westy 37w3 that i got from Costco for 799.. best 800 EVER.

Eh, just looked into Buy.com's return policy, you can't return TV's over 27" so you have to be there when the TV arrives and refuse shipment if the box looks damaged / or have them wait so you can test it.

That and if the TV dies maybe 3 days after you get it, you gotta send it to Westinghouse who I hear has terrible customer service.

I think I'd rather go with Costco and their 32" 1080p... little bit more money but local store + 2yr warranty and less hassles in the long run...

It's an apartment, I have no clue where it would fit. Also, convincing my wife not to kill me is hard, even if it is a nice price...:D

I had 2 in my bedroom LOL but ended up returning one of them. I ordered a second from costco cause one had a dead pixel, so I had 2 for a short time, it was hard to return it but I forced myself to.

I had 2 in my bedroom LOL but ended up returning one of them. I ordered a second from costco cause one had a dead pixel, so I had 2 for a short time, it was hard to return it but I forced myself to.

Sounds like time to go back to two - and you already know they fit. :D

Wow thats hot. I thought this was ecost when I saw the title but buy.com is pretty legit right?

Why are you calling it a monitor when it's a 1080p LCD TV?

Anyways, I'm tempted since it's $900.00 off and my Olevia is pretty crappy.... but it's $600.00....

I hate these time-sensitive decisions.

Anyways, I'm tempted since it's $900.00 off and my Olevia is pretty crappy.... but it's $600.00....

I hate these time-sensitive decisions.

Well, this hair was split in the first giant thread from last year.

It is a monitor because it does not contain a tuner of any kind.

TV's have tuners, monitors don't.

My Olevia TV doesn't have a tuner and it would make a really crappy monitor, and it's listed as a TV.

I checked Google out of curiosity, some sellers list it as a TV and others as a monitor, but Westinghouse lists it as a monitor.

Still, 37" is a bit excessive for a monitor if you ask me.

Even MORE importantly is that it does NOT do Closed Caption Decoding. Being hearing impaired, I tried using this as a tv for a week or two and the no CC killed it for me. It's sitting unused in a corner :(

It has no tuner, as others have noted. And being a true 1080p resolution, I can tell you, it is a FANTASTIC pc display, aka, "monitor".

Mine runs my main pc on DVI, my second pc over VGA, my HD cable box over HDMI, and my Xbox 360 via vga and/or component.

It has no tuner, as others have noted. And being a true 1080p resolution, I can tell you, it is a FANTASTIC pc display, aka, "monitor".

Mine runs my main pc on DVI, my second pc over VGA, my HD cable box over HDMI, and my Xbox 360 via vga and/or component.

+1 my PC and PS3 look great on this monitor.

Yet I've seen Monitors that had TV Tuners built-in... like 20" 1680 x 1050 screens...

It's a TV that can be used as a monitor.

You can't use a CRT as a monitor, especially at SD... too little resolution, blurry screen, interlaced... all blah for PC usage.

What's the reliability like on this thing? I'd love to upgrade from my HP 24" to this beast!

I have the cable box hooked to mine, as a TV, as well as my PC with media center. But my favorite use of it has to be gaming, and web browsing without eyestrain. Obviously it does not support CC as there is no tuner and that is a function of a tuner that you would buy for it...

Grid looks amazing, likely better than it does on the Xbox360 and on the same size screen it would be hooked up to. The only advantage of 24" screens IMO is that you can use multiple screens for web dev etc, but they aren't as good for all around computer use. Warhammer is fun on it too, hell any game is that much better when it is 4x the size and gives you better graphics than it would on a console.

I also enjoy it for photoshop, although there are better color accurate screens out there I'm sure, it kinda like a auto zoom to help you with editing fine details :p

My Olevia TV doesn't have a tuner and it would make a really crappy monitor, and it's listed as a TV.

What size and resolution does it support? Have you tried it? You might be surprised

Still, 37" is a bit excessive for a monitor if you ask me.

All my friends said this when they heard that I got one. A few of them still do, but those that have sat down and used it for any amount have time have either gotten one, or are looking into getting one for themselves. Try it before you knock it!

I remember when I was 14 and saw my first 21" monitor. I sat down and remember having to turn my head to see the whole screen. I was so amazed, but said "Wow, I could never use something this big!". Here I am, a decade or so later and using a 37" as my monitor.

What next, are you going to say that you'll never need more than 16gb of memory? :p Remember your history lessons!

Also, what a killer deal this is.

As other's have said, this screen is great for gaming and use as a PC monitor, but I would be a bit weary about buying it from buy.com due to their return policy.

Still have my year+ old Westy 37w3 that i got from Costco for 799.. best 800 EVER.

Same. I hopped on that Costco deal as well. The extra year of warranty for just being a Costco member is where it's at.

As other's have said, this screen is great for gaming and use as a PC monitor, but I would be a bit weary about buying it from buy.com due to their return policy.

Newegg is pretty much the same way. No returns on it. Have to inspect package and refuse it or you're stuck with the manufacturer. It's a gamble, but it's not like buy.com is trying to screw you here.

I missed the Costco deal, but I got it at a good price point at the Egg last November, mine was flawless and if I didn't have one, I would be jumping on this deal TODAY.

Well, I'm sold. I'm been loving my Dell 2405FPW for two years now, briefly flirted with the Hanns-G 28" but didn't like the poor black reproduction (bought it then returned it) and didn't think I'd have a good reason to upgrade anytime soon as I didn't want to try to run the insane res of a 30".

But seeing this deal today, man I just couldn't resist. I haven't paid any attention to TV technology in the past 5 years as I never watch TV or DVDs. So I just ran over to Best Buy, checked out a Sony 37" 1080p display, and I was sold. Just ordered the Westy. :)

One concern I have is whether all the games I play support 1920x1080 - I run 1920x1200 in all games except Crysis right now, which is only tolerable at 1680x1050. I've never noticed whether these games even allow 1920x1080.

thats a great deal. no the se cured the non se issues, and se only had 1 dvi i know cause i have one ;)

wow great price for a great lcd!....but weren't there issues w/ the SE model?

The older SE models had some EDID problems, something about certain inputs not accepting 1080P, but the Buy.com says very specifically under product summary: This LVM-37W3SE is from a newer production run and does not suffer from the EDID issues found on some previous models.

Wow that is a fantastic deal, I'm debating selling my 40'' Samsung A550 and getting this just to pocket a few bucks.

I'm hooked on the large monitor tho, can't imagine going back to my dell 24'' as my primary. I've got both the 40'' LCD (everyday use and most gaming) and my 1080p projector (155'', mostly movies and a little gaming) hooked up to my computer and between the two I'm pretty spoiled.

If you're on the fence purchasing this due to the size, just go for it and you won't be disappointed.

Well, I'm sold. I'm been loving my Dell 2405FPW for two years now, briefly flirted with the Hanns-G 28" but didn't like the poor black reproduction (bought it then returned it) and didn't think I'd have a good reason to upgrade anytime soon as I didn't want to try to run the insane res of a 30".

But seeing this deal today, man I just couldn't resist. I haven't paid any attention to TV technology in the past 5 years as I never watch TV or DVDs. So I just ran over to Best Buy, checked out a Sony 37" 1080p display, and I was sold. Just ordered the Westy. :)

One concern I have is whether all the games I play support 1920x1080 - I run 1920x1200 in all games except Crysis right now, which is only tolerable at 1680x1050. I've never noticed whether these games even allow 1920x1080.

WoW - Supported
Grid - Supported
Crysis - Supported
Bio Shock - Supported
War beta - Supported
RA3 beta - Supported
C&C3 - Supported

Maybe some really old games wont have support but they may not have 1920x1200 either.

jesus i got a 37 inch 720p toshiba and i really want this westy as a monitor. i dont think my parents would be to happy with 2 37 inch tvs.

I have this monitor and was almost tempted to buy another. It is great, but it has a horrible de-interlacer. If you have something that can convert a 1080i signal to 1080p you should be fine. 720p signals are so so and 1080i is horrible.

I have this monitor and was almost tempted to buy another. It is great, but it has a horrible de-interlacer. If you have something that can convert a 1080i signal to 1080p you should be fine. 720p signals are so so and 1080i is horrible.

What do you watch 1080i? Cable from the wall? I think it sucks on most TVs :p Compressed cable HD just sucks in general.

I have thought about getting this monitor for a long time but had a few reservations/questions.

No doubt 37" of gaming goodness must be amazing but, I am used 1920 x 1200 on 24 inches of real estate and the dpi is sharp as hell and I love it. So my question is sitting 2 ft away as I do, how sharp will an image with a little less vertical res look blown up on 37 inches? I'm sorta picky in that way. Now I realize if I were sitting on my couch 8ft away it would not be a problem but I'm a PC gamer I sit at mydesk about 2/3 ft away from my screen.

Also, what type of panel is this, ips? How does the screen/panel compare to my 2407wfp? I'm quite satisfied with my screen and I love the idea of getting a much bigger screen but not at the cost of quality of the image shown. Especially at 2ft away. Anyone that can answer these questions for me would be wonderfull.

Back