Westinghouse 42" 1080p, $1299

For those that are interested, mwave is having a 3 day sale on the Westy 42" 1080p for 1299.

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/Skusearch.hmx?scriteria=AA51710

cool, but one thing to note is that it is the LVM-42W2 model, not the LVM-42W3. IIRC there are some issues in the 2 model that were taken care off in the 3 model. Doesn't mean this is a bad deal, just that those interested should search AVS forums for their thead(s) on this LCD and see what the differences are between the model numbers.....:eek:

cool, but one thing to note is that it is the LVM-42W2 model, not the LVM-42W3. IIRC there are some issues in the 2 model that were taken care off in the 3 model. Doesn't mean this is a bad deal, just that those interested should search AVS forums for their thead(s) on this LCD and see what the differences are between the model numbers.....:eek:

Westinghouse has never made a lvm-42w3. Check the website and see for yourself.
You are confused by the model number naming of the lvm-37w3. However, Westinghouse never made a lvm-37w2.

The model numbering system doesn't really make that much sense, because it doesn't truly give an accurate idea of how many revisions there have been on any particular set.

Here is a linky to Westinghouse's quick compare:
http://www.westinghousedigital.com/product_comparison.html

Good deal on this set by the way, but I'm holding off until after February when television prices drop due to 'the big game' being over.

Good deal on this set by the way, but I'm holding off until after February when television prices drop due to 'the big game' being over.

Care to elaborate on what the 'big game' actually is? I'm in the market for the westy 42" and curious about what you're talking about

Superbowl? People want these TV's for the game, and a huge market for HDTV is the football fans. As soon as the season is over with football, prices should drop as the customer base for HDTV's drops.

Superbowl? People want these TV's for the game, and a huge market for HDTV is the football fans. As soon as the season is over with football, prices should drop as the customer base for HDTV's drops.

Although technically this is a monitor and not a tv. A pretty good deal if you ask me. This is the same price of the 37w3 from the big retailers. I doubt the price of this monitor will drop after the football season it will probably remain the same or even increase in price such as the 37w3 for some time.

Westinghouse has never made a lvm-42w3. Check the website and see for yourself.
You are confused by the model number naming of the lvm-37w3. However, Westinghouse never made a lvm-37w2.

The model numbering system doesn't really make that much sense, because it doesn't truly give an accurate idea of how many revisions there have been on any particular set.

Here is a linky to Westinghouse's quick compare:
http://www.westinghousedigital.com/product_comparison.html

thx for setting me striaght, looks like I didn't "Recall Correctly" :p

I'd still recomend folks reasearch any set b4 plunking down the cash

thx for setting me striaght, looks like I didn't "Recall Correctly" :p

I'd still recomend folks reasearch any set b4 plunking down the cash

Absolutely. Right now I'm waiting for Sony's XBR series of panels to go down. That's what I'm really waiting for.

Question, the site says "lamp life: 60,000 hours." But LCD's don't have a lamp...so what's this about? What is the typical life span of an LCD by the way?

lcd have a back light, thats the "lamp". They never go out, ive only had one go out and that was a black and white 386 notebook.

lcd have a back light, thats the "lamp". They never go out, ive only had one go out and that was a black and white 386 notebook.

I bought a samsung 40" 720p panel before xmas, brand new from best buy, 1 week later the display went dead, it had sound still but the backlights crapped out, so I wouldn't say never! If all goes well, they should last for the practical life of the display, but be aware they can die when you least expect it.

How about i just say they never need replaced. Most of the time its the starter that goes, not the bulbs.

either that or prices will go up because they lowered them to make them more attractive - not making as much a profit off each one, but making up for it by volume of sales.

its not a lamp.... its a fairy that the notebook manufacturers caught and stuck in there...

DUH

If you're getting this for the Supa Bowel... you'd better have cable hd or dish hd... there's NO hd tuner on this bad boy... no ATSC (over the air) and no Clear QAM (unencrypted HD over cable).

So, if you were hoping to just hook up rabbit ears to your new HD monitor and get the football for free, you need to look elsewhere.

its not a lamp.... its a fairy that the notebook manufacturers caught and stuck in there...

DUH

eww so that means theres always someone watching you when your watching pr0n lol :eek: :p

Back