Westinghouse 37w3 for $799, Costco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Version 1.0 and I don't see any manufacture date on the TV anywhere. I did notice that some of the menu options in the book didn't match up with the menus on the TV - one option was to set the menu OSD Transparency level, shows in the book but not available in the menu - no biggie.

Picture quality is outstanding at 1920x1080, not so much at non native resolutions full screen much like most LCD’s though due to stretching etc.

I really want to jump on this but there is no Costco's in Wisconsin. Oddly enough, I just checked what the overall total would be and its $931.98 with shipping and tax. I thought that if the place doesn't have a store in your state you don't have to pay tax. Anyone want to clarify this for me?

I love this display. Do you know how hard it was to go back to work today and use my 20" NEC LCD? Our company standard is 17", but being the main IT guy I got a 20" about a year and a half ago. I almost felt like crying.

This Westinghouse monitor is completely worth the price. It brings a whole new feel to the desktop experience. However make sure you have a desk where you can get the monitor away from you by at least two feet, with three being about optimal. I have ZERO and I mean ZERO regrets about buying this bad boy. Now I won't ever be able to use a 30" or smaller display at home, that's just how it's going to be. :)

I really want to jump on this but there is no Costco's in Wisconsin. Oddly enough, I just checked what the overall total would be and its $931.98 with shipping and tax. I thought that if the place doesn't have a store in your state you don't have to pay tax. Anyone want to clarify this for me?

If they have any sort of presence in the state, even something like just a billing or call center, you'll end up paying taxes unfortunately. You could come and move up here to Maine. No tax here :D (then again, there's nothing else up here either. . .)

If they have any sort of presence in the state, even something like just a billing or call center, you'll end up paying taxes unfortunately. You could come and move up here to Maine. No tax here :D (then again, there's nothing else up here either. . .)

Lobster. ;) :p

Is this a monitor or a TV? it's larger than my HD TV in my room 32" WS, which is a little too big to sit close to.

Also is this online Only? I'm lookgin for something to replace my 22" CRT, but I'm skeptical on using a TV for a monitor...

Is this a monitor or a TV? it's larger than my HD TV in my room 32" WS, which is a little too big to sit close to.

Also is this online Only? I'm lookgin for something to replace my 22" CRT, but I'm skeptical on using a TV for a monitor...

Online only unfortunately. There's a 110-page discussion on it over at the display forum (or click here). Most people seem to recommend sitting 3-4 feet back. Virtually everyone that bought one has been very happy with it. Mine'll be here Friday. This week has been looooong :D

In for one.

Did anyone not go for the membership? (assuming you hadn't had one already)

When I ordered my 8UK Panny plasma it took a long time to go from In Progress to Shipping. They mean it when they say 7-10 business days. I ordered my Westy yesterday, so I am sure I have a ways to go. Can anyone who already has theirs comment on how long it took them to get their Westy from Costco?

Well I have a membershhip already, but I'm still concerned with using a TV for a monitor. My past experience trying this has been terrible. But I have never used a DVI or HDMI cable from a video card.

37" and only 1920x1080 seems like the resolution may be a bit on the low side.
My 22" CRT goes up to 2048x1536.

I'm just not sure wether you guys are fully replacing your LCD monitors or just using this for gaming / PC.

I purchased a $1400 HDTV 1080i CRT 2 years ago, so I don't really NEED another TV and 34 inches isn't all that small. I know no1 is selling CRT's anymore and to be honest I miss them. The colors and sharpness on my TV blow away half the new LCD's I see coming out.

Basicaly I have this
http://reviews.cnet.com/direct-view-tvs-crt/sony-kd-34xbr970-34/4505-6481_7-31692320.html?tag=also Although it may not be a 970 I don't remember.

If I was to purchase this for now it would primarily be used for Monitor, and I would not be able to fit another Monitor on my desk. So is this still a good buy?

Read the long thread in the Display area for all you need to know about this monitor. I hope what everyone says is true, or back it goes!

Subtotal: $807.99
Shipping & Handling: $22.20
Tax: $67.83
Order Total: $898.02

Wow $100 in fees WTF is a "CA E-WST FEE Item# -329700000 Standard $8.00 $8.00 " Thats just wrong!

I got 1.8 via Costco.

I noticed improvements in IQ going from composite -> component cables.

should be a HUGE difference there! At least I know for sure there was on my HDTC (CRT)

edit: In the other Westy Thread someone called they they told them they are now backordered for 2-3 weeks. Someone else mentioned this may mean they don't have anymore at all since these are discontinued.

Looks like may have taken too long to do my research, but I would imagine if there are really out they would end the sale or remove the link?

I had to jump on this deal... Just like a bunch of other people :) I have wanted this sucker for the past 3 months. I ordered mine a couple days ago it has yet to ship.

Waiting two weeks while they restock won't kill me, finding out a $800 steal on this 37" monitor is completely out and gone will.

Yet I'm very positive that costco will be able to fulfill the orders they have taken.

I had to jump on this deal... Just like a bunch of other people :) I have wanted this sucker for the past 3 months. I ordered mine a couple days ago it has yet to ship.

Waiting two weeks while they restock won't kill me, finding out a $800 steal on this 37" monitor is completely out and gone will.

Yet I'm very positive that costco will be able to fulfill the orders they have taken.
there is nothing they can do about it if the product is discontinued from the manufacturer's end..

i hope you are right though..

I'd order two more of these.

Except..

I'm moving to phoenix 4 days after the order (leaving the 14th) deadline, AND I haven't picked out a residence there, yet.

Need to call a relative I have in Cali. Find out if I can have it shipped to their place.

Well I have a membershhip already, but I'm still concerned with using a TV for a monitor. My past experience trying this has been terrible. But I have never used a DVI or HDMI cable from a video card.

37" and only 1920x1080 seems like the resolution may be a bit on the low side.
My 22" CRT goes up to 2048x1536.

I'm just not sure wether you guys are fully replacing your LCD monitors or just using this for gaming / PC.

I purchased a $1400 HDTV 1080i CRT 2 years ago, so I don't really NEED another TV and 34 inches isn't all that small. I know no1 is selling CRT's anymore and to be honest I miss them. The colors and sharpness on my TV blow away half the new LCD's I see coming out.

Basicaly I have this
http://reviews.cnet.com/direct-view-tvs-crt/sony-kd-34xbr970-34/4505-6481_7-31692320.html?tag=also Although it may not be a 970 I don't remember.

If I was to purchase this for now it would primarily be used for Monitor, and I would not be able to fit another Monitor on my desk. So is this still a good buy?

Technically, this is a monitor that can be used as a TV. It also says it's a monitor. It doesn't have a tuner, so it's not a television. I run one of these on my main rig. It is beautiful. The resolution supported by your CRT is irrelevant.

I tell you, if I could figure out how to make sure they don't ship it to florida while I'm moving to arizona, I'd seriously, no kidding, buy 2 more of them.

I'd order two more of these.

Except..

I'm moving to phoenix 4 days after the order (leaving the 14th) deadline, AND I haven't picked out a residence there, yet.

Need to call a relative I have in Cali. Find out if I can have it shipped to their place.

I'm in Cali, you could have it shipped to me. Hell I would even be willing to test it out for you and make sure there are no dead/stuck pixels!

I'd buy 2 but one will look better and be big enough for my desk...Plus I don't have an extra $900 for my computer hobby right now :p

Using this as a monitor for our media center pc and ps3.. its gorgeous.. can't believe I survived this long without HD... do yourself a favor and get one, you won't be disappointed. I also reccommend the HDHomerun for anyone on a media center PC, works like a charm.

i just tried to buy it, $40 for NON-members? :eek:

oh well not a great deal after all. came out to $930, for 10-20 more i can buy anytime i want.

i just tried to buy it, $40 for NON-members? :eek:

oh well not a great deal after all. came out to $930, for 10-20 more i can buy anytime i want.

Where did you find it in stock for $950?
Best Buy wants $1500, PC Nation wants 1119 for 1-2 week delivery, and everywhere else I can find is OOS. Newegg had an ETA for Friday but on that same day they put up refurb 37W1s and took the ETA off of the 37W3 leaving it as just OOS.

Not to mention if you have any problems with it you can walk into a Costco store and get a 100% refund for 90 days.. can't do that with any other online retailer that I'm aware of.

Finally ordered one.

How long is it taking for shipping? (on average from some of the ppl that already have it?)

I'm in Cali, you could have it shipped to me. Hell I would even be willing to test it out for you and make sure there are no dead/stuck pixels!

I'd buy 2 but one will look better and be big enough for my desk...Plus I don't have an extra $900 for my computer hobby right now :p

My, that's awfully generous of you.. I'll get right on that.. :) Uhm, yeah.

Finally ordered one.

How long is it taking for shipping? (on average from some of the ppl that already have it?)

Yeah, I broke down, figure it will go nicely with the $282 HD2900XT that best buy is selling, seems like people were waiting 3-5 days before it shipped, so I'm thinking a week and a half or two till it shows up.

Seems like it took me around a week or just over a week from order date to doorstep, shipped from Cali.

Good news for me, a So Cal resident!

Are you in CA too? I'm hoping to get this by Friday.. (weekend party )

Ya I'm in the bay area, you should get yours just a day or two after it ships, it shipped from just east of LA.

is westiinghouse discontinuning this model? i used to be able to find that price shipped from pricegrabber.com search engine, i can't do taht anymore. you can still get a 42w2 for $1205 delivered:
http://electronics.pricegrabber.com...ch=westinghouse lvm-42/promo_id=27/clt_id=652

Where did you find it in stock for $950?
Best Buy wants $1500, PC Nation wants 1119 for 1-2 week delivery, and everywhere else I can find is OOS. Newegg had an ETA for Friday but on that same day they put up refurb 37W1s and took the ETA off of the 37W3 leaving it as just OOS.

It looks like its no longer just a sale Costco as the 37w3 listed now for $799.99 no discount just strait up.

Wow they tricked us, no longer on sale but the same price...

Oh well, I guess since I am in LA, that Once it ships (has been a week now) it should be here within a day. 2 weeks to go (fingers crossed).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back