westinghouse 37" ok in a dorm?

Cesium

Weaksauce
i am planning on getting the 37" lvm-37w3 this weekend, but im not sure if it's a little overkill for a dorm room? im at home for the summer though

also, i looked on the bestbuy website and it's on sale for $1529.99, however, it seems that when i click on in store pickup, every store in every state says "unavailable", so do they actually have them but the system is messed up, or are they really that scarce?

A little overkill is a big understatement.

That's gonna take up a lot of room you will wish you had.

yeah? i was going to bring my beta 50 speakers too though :D

maybe if i didnt actually stick it on the desk, but behind it on a stand wedged in between the wall and desk? it's only 4 and 7/10" deep...

It doesn't eat THAT much space. And if you really want to save some space, remove the base and/or speakers, buy a cheap $50 wall mount, and be set.

I can't rave enough about how much I enjoy my W1, and the W3 is just as good (a bit better, actually). If you have the means, I highly recommend it.

As far as Best Buy, you'll have to go into a store and have them order one from a warehouse, most stores do not stock them for some reason (unlike the W1, which was stocked nationwide), but they do have them in the warehouse, and in decent quantity. Just checked with my local store last week, was thinking about upgrading since I was having some noise issues with my W1 [which was fixed in 2 days by Westinghouse, btw, I'm very impressed with Westy's warranty service]

Best Buy is trying to push the LTV37-W2, which may have a better profit margin, has a lower MSRP, comes with a tuner, and for most average home theater users or budget minded HD upgraders, the W2 is just fine, 1080p is a little early for home theater needs (but rocks for those of us that use them for monitors). They've only got so much shelf/floor space in the stores, and having two virtually identical looking monitors on the floor just leads to confusion from Joe Public.

so how do you suggest i get the online sale price while still getting an in store pickup?
do they price match other online retailers?

lol yeah, im gonna have to have that thing pretty secure

on a side note, do i have to get a dvi cable seperate?

Youll have to pick up a DVI cable, it doesnt come with one =/ (I just got my w3 last sunday :D )

well i got it today, and what can i say? it's an amazing size increase as well quality compared to my 19" samsung 955df i used to use.

no dead pixels, backlight is perfectly uniform. it's just great!

got the sales guy to let me have the bestbuy internet only price of $1529.99, then i got it down to $1499 since $1500 is the price break for the 4 year warranty, so that saved another $100 :D

Does the warrantee cover your roomate(s) getting drunk and vomiting or pissing on it?.. Is it puke/urin/beer resistant??? Just something to consider.. ;)

Remember, if you beat your roomate half to death with a (insert handy blunt object here), you will get arrested and expelled.. :D

haha, all i have to do is make it look like it happened naturally. before bringing it in, just wipe it up a bit, blow dry, and add lemon scent...mmm

my favorite part of the warranty is that it unfortunately does not cover any "Acts of God" :p

i got 2 24" dell monitors and a 40" samsung lcd tv. nothings overkill.

whats ur Major?

I brought just a 20" TV with me and never watched it. That and never
getting more than 2 hrs of sleep a night. There was never time to watch TV ever.

E\

are you kidding me? your gonna watch tv maybe 3hrs at most a day if your a freshman or your taking bs classes. last semester i barely had enough room for my comp, a desk, a 20"tv on a tv cart, and i was alwways tripping over crap plus clothes on man the clothes!!!!

i had a 32" sony tv stolen from me when I was at school. it happened during the xmas break (the whole floor was broken into and lots of stuff stolen). I went to school in FL and live in NY so when I wasnt able to take it with me. They had the police come in and filed a report - nobody was ever able to recover anything. To this day I think it was an inside job since none of the doors were broken. anyways, i would suggest u chain that bad boy down and I think you may be able to take out insurance on it incase it does get stolen....looking back I wish I did.

idk Im a Triple Major

Computer/Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, with Minors in math and Cartography.

Excuse me if I aint got the time.

Not only will you have to make that thing secure, but you'll have to worry about it breaking. A dorm in general isn't the best place to have something like that. I had my sound system in my dorm for a few months, and it was something that concerned me. My system was approx 600-700 bucks, something like that TV could make even the most ethical people in the dorm conjur a scheme to rip you off. I hope you're not living on the first floor either.

On a happier note, when girls see that thing they will surely strip off all of their clothes and grind up on it.

it's gonna be hard to beat my current setup in a dorm room :(
suppose the center and surround speakers will have to go

anyone have a good idea of how to lock down the monitor?
maybe they wont notice if i put a deadbolt in the door:p

setup4.jpg

setup5.jpg

What school do you go to? Your dorm puts UW dungeons to shame unless that is student apartment housing.

Not really sure what to lock it onto, but make sure you bolt the actual monitor down and not just the stand.

Back