Westinghouse 32" LTV-32w6 HD

sabregen

Fully [H]
So, my GF asked me what I wanted for xmas, the list went like this:

Larger SATA drives for my server
Gigabit switch
G7 Carbon fiber gaming mouse
Westinghouse 32" LCD
Ruger Mini-14 bull barrel, thumbhole stock (new one)

So, a friend was coming over to do a mobo swap, and she left to go shopping for my xmas presents...and CAME BACK WITH THE 32" TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Yeah, to me...it's not a TV...it's a 32" monitor, to replace my Westinghouse 20.1" that she got me earlier this year. I ABOUT FECKING FAINTED!

Anyways, it's all set up now. here's the question:

I have on the way to me a HDMI to DVI adapter that I was going to use for my HTPC on a 56" JVD ILD-A (or is it I-LDA?), but I may try it on this. So, now the question is 3 fold. dvi card output to dvi/vga adapter to vga cable to vga in, or card component out to component input on tv, or dvi to hdmi converter for hdmi in. I'm thinking HDMI in if it displays properly would be the cleanest signal. Opinions?

Rig specs in my sig, more than enough to push it at any displayable res. LMK what you guys think. Man, tough to get used to something this huge being 2ft away from it. HEHE, I know...don't you feel bad for me? :cool:

damn man nice, but um wouldn't it have been nice if she waited to give it to you on xmas? lol well maybe not since sooner is better

Hehe...she figured two things...

1.) she couldn't carry it. she's 5'8" and 120lbs
2.) she couldn't hide it

No problem, she's got hers coming. So far:

Upgrade from Athlon64 3200 > Opteron 148 that does 2.9 @1.55
Upgrade from 2x512 mismatch PC3200 > 4x512 Kingston HyperX PC3500
Upgrade from 2x eVGA 7600GS (SLi) > 2x eVGA 7900GT CO (SLi) w/Zalman Cu sinks
2x Super UV 12" tubes
1x Laura Croft UV Reactive Window Applique
1x Nvidia SLi UV Reactive Window Applique
11 Karat (or is it carat...IDK) Diamond and Ruby (her birthstone) 7" bracelet
Yamaha 700W 5.1 surround sound receiver and speaker setup

And as far as waiting...neither one of us are good at that. ;)

doh, this is turning into a xmas gift thread. I could use some help with the LCD, please. :(

In ATI's control panel there is a way to setup support for HDTV resolutions. Enable that and add that and you should get your native resolution of your TV.

already done, updates to 6.12's last night. Screen being out of alignment is fixed. vga dsub or component FTW?

Please kill this thread, no one is replying to it except for my bumping. Will repost in Home theater section and hope for an answer.

couldnt you just go dvi to dvi in on your monitor? I guess it would depend if u had anything else you would want to hook up to the tv in. I'd use HDMI, if not then DVI, if not then VGA, last choice would be component since theres just so many things i could plug in the component slot :p Anyway are you asking how you should hook it up to your monitor or resolution restrictions or somethin?

Back