Western Digital WD BLACK 500GB SN750 NVMe $69.99 Free Ship Newegg

There's been some good (IMO) deals on the SN750's recently. If you're willing to play the long game and wait for a backorder, the WD store is worth keeping an eye on. If you haven't ordered from them before, you can sign up for their newsletter and get a 10% first purchase code. I managed to snag the 1TB model for $124 after tax, bbuuuttttt, its on backorder (1-2 weeks).

I bought the 1TB version in April for my Ryzen build and it does what it says on the tin. Stupid fast

I see $69 again at the moment.
LOL it went back down, seller probably adjusting trying to catch someone offguard, seller was listed as keykey earlier at $69, then it went up, now it shows newegg as the seller.

Mine were delivered on 5/27 🤘
IMG_20200527_182240.jpg

I initially bought one of these early last year for about the same price. I liked it so well that I kept waiting for anutha deal to pop-up, and sure enough, a few months later it did, so I snagged a bunch more for client builds + a few for my personal rigs....

Been using them ever since, all crazy fast and neveranotta problemo, even under heavy multitasking and my son's insufferable non-stop gaming habit. We have 4 apiece now, using 2x in mobo slots + 2x on pcie cards :)

Mine were delivered on 5/27 🤘
View attachment 249065
I ordered a 2nd one on May 19th. WD finally shipped today. Thing is, the WD store has some decent sales, coupon codes, and .EDU discounts, but their idea of "in stock" might be a bit aggressive. For me, I had one, but $127 after tax and coupon code, pushed me too far for a 2nd one. Just don't pretend that it'll be Amazon Prime fast.

Good deal but I ended up ordering the Blue. The Black is out of stock everywhere. The numbers reported of the Blue shouldn’t make a noticeable difference and it was $5 cheaper. Very fast vs super fast.

Good deal but I ended up ordering the Blue. The Black is out of stock everywhere. The numbers reported of the Blue shouldn’t make a noticeable difference and it was $5 cheaper. Very fast vs super fast.
I feel like there would be a very noticeable difference between 3000MB/s vs 500MB/sec. We're talking SSD vs NVMe speeds there. Right? I mean, yeah, daily computing you won't notice, but as soon as you start moving around large files or loading games from the system drive, wouldn't you notice the difference?

I feel like there would be a very noticeable difference between 3000MB/s vs 500

The reason there is not a noticeable difference is it's less common that you read GB sized files sequentially than you read smaller files randomly.

Right? I mean, yeah, daily computing you won't notice, but as soon as you start moving around large files or loading games from the system drive, wouldn't you notice the difference?

If you source and destination drives both can handle this speed and you have lots of large files, yes you will see a performance difference. But how often is this the case?

loading games from the system drive

They are not always large files. And they are not always read sequentially. And many times the CPU has to decompress or decode while loading

I feel like there would be a very noticeable difference between 3000MB/s vs 500MB/sec. We're talking SSD vs NVMe speeds there. Right? I mean, yeah, daily computing you won't notice, but as soon as you start moving around large files or loading games from the system drive, wouldn't you notice the difference?

There's a WD blue nvme
Sequential Read Performance
2400MB/s
Sequential Write Performance
1750MB/s

randomdean100 got to it first. I ordered the Blue NVME. I doubt I will notice a difference between those two speeds.

Back