Western Digital says hackers stole data in ‘network security’ breach

erek

[H]F Junkie
Breached beyond belief

“Western Digital said it is “implementing proactive measures to secure its business operations” and is working to restore impacted infrastructure and services. The company added that it is investigating the incident with an unnamed cybersecurity firm and coordinating with law enforcement.”

…And conveniently,

“Western Digital spokesperson Robin Schultz has yet to respond to TechCrunch’s questions.”

Source: https://techcrunch.com/2023/04/03/western-digital-breach/

Implementing as in "we dont bother with much cyber security cause we dont need it, we are secure" and then this happens...."oh we are going to actually do some cyber related work in our company:"

You all be amazed how companies ignore cyber security. it is insane how they see it as un necessary cost and find excuse to avoid security cost lmao. We got this firewall and this MSP doing everything we are set lmao. Then these MSPs just sit there and collect payment checking boxes lmao.

Last edited:
You all be amazed how companies ignore cyber security. it is insane how they see it as un necessary cost and find excuse to avoid security cost lmao. We got this firewall and this MSP doing everything we are set lmao. Then these MSPs.
The executives & boards of these companies have no concept of the risk until it bites them in the ass. I'm sure many will be happy to pay lots of money so they can put out a press release that hast "ChatGPT" and "Artificial Intelligence" in it, though.

This is way beyond a ho hum breach reporting. A ton of their services are down including MyCloud. This is a major deal unfortunately.
They’re treating it as ho hum, just the same as the dish network ransomeware

Seems the whole industry is complacent anymore

You all be amazed how companies ignore cyber security. it is insane how they see it as un necessary cost and find excuse to avoid security cost lmao. We got this firewall and this MSP doing everything we are set lmao. Then these MSPs.
you mean like how i can still access my previous employers server where every user has admin access because they don't know how to setup accounts after 2 years and they still haven't disabled my account? :)

it's no surprise they're going bankrupt and still spending money like it grows on tree's, lol.

Last edited:
This is why I have to keep an eye on securityweek articles and minimize any data stored with anyone. Everyone is going to get hacked as cyberwar gets bigger and bigger. 'The only winning move is not to play.'

Back