Western Digital 1.5 TB Caviar Green SATA Intellipower 64 MB Cache @ Amazon $81.95

AMD-T64

Limp Gawd
It's a sad day when I can post this as a hot deal, but given the current HD prices, this is a fairly decent price for a decent sized drive.

$81.95 w/ Free Shipping

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ZCXJZE

Limit 1 per customer

Note: Better deal at Best Buy listed below, but YMMV.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
It's a sad day when I can post this as a hot deal, but given the current HD prices, this is a fairly decent price for decent sized drive.

$81.95 w/ Free Shipping

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ZCXJZE

1 per buyer? :eek:

The Green drives get a lot of praise for "bang for buck" so you can't complain if you need one for storage or backups

Decent price, but only 1 kinda limits our RAIDing power ;)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Not the greatest deal.

Here is a 2TB Seagate for $74.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Seagate...=1218102739460&skuId=9419382&st=2TB&cp=1&lp=2

You can't order it for home shipping but you can have it shipped to your local store for pickup. Just got 2 yesterday.

Very good price. I just checked all the stores in my area and it list them as being available, but when you actually click on the store, it changes to not available. You got my hopes up for sure! I would have liked to cancel my order if I could have gotten in on this.

Edit: Found some available in Orlando

Last edited:
The hard drive market is just insane right now, especially for WD parts. Basically there is no supply on the back end. Quoted disty price (what a reseller like us would pay) this morning for WD15EARS was $140 - $144 each with no one having any inventory to sell even at that price. (It had already been sold out at that price). Many models are currently at an over 300% increase. The server drive market is particularly bad. 15k drives going for $200-$225 cost are now in the $600+ range and you can't even get enough for a raid set.

When disty does have drives they are rationed. As a reseller you are lucky to get 20 pieces. That's pretty much why everyone is doing limit 1 -- nobody can restock.

Just a side note: This particular model is generally considered terrible for raid and has a higher than average return rate at our store compared to the 1TB and 2TB models.

Last edited:
The hard drive market is just insane right now, especially for WD parts. Basically there is no supply on the back end. Quoted disty price (what a reseller like us would pay) this morning for WD15EARS was $140 - $144 each with no one having any inventory to sell even at that price. (It had already been sold out at that price). Many models are currently at an over 300% increase. The server drive market is particularly bad. 15k drives going for $200-$225 cost are now in the $600+ range and you can't even get enough for a raid set.

When disty does have drives they are rationed. As a reseller you are lucky to get 20 pieces. That's pretty much why everyone is doing limit 1 -- nobody can restock.

Just a side note: This particular model is generally considered terrible for raid and has a higher than average return rate at our store compared to the 1TB and 2TB models.
As a small retail store, it's sucking just as bad on this end. I have *never* had to beg to any of my distributors for drives before, but lately I've been perfecting my begging routine LOL. I am now keeping an eyeball on SSD prices, may have little choice but to start using them if things keep getting worse.

Back