We're Running Out of Chocolate

And on that note, there's a reason why people like MILK chocolate, because it has sugar, and cocoa butter, and all sorts of other stuff that tastes good. If I want health benefits I'll stop eating chocolate all together, and that probably would be the largest health benefit for me.

But hey if you want some bitter stuff to chew on, go ahead and eat those dark chocolates without much sugar in them.

Good Dark chocolate is far from bitter....key word there...good.

Most milk chocolates/candies are WAAAAAAY too sweet, but a lot of the western world is heavily desensitized to sugar as it's added to everything so the insatiable desire for diabetes drives the market. Reduce your sugar intake and dark chocolate becomes plenty sweet.

Most milk chocolates/candies are WAAAAAAY too sweet, but a lot of the western world is heavily desensitized to sugar as it's added to everything so the insatiable desire for diabetes drives the market. Reduce your sugar intake and dark chocolate becomes plenty sweet.

This is very true, I was no exception to this for a long time. I actually grew up in the south and on "Southern Sweet Tea"..otherwise known as I want a little tea with my sugar. I drank that stuff by the gallon. However when my wife was pregnant with her first child she couldn't drink it anymore. So I stopped drinking it during that time as well. I quickly learned the difference between properly brewed tea and burnt tea because I still had to have my tea. Long story short, after she had our kid, the first thing i did was run to get me a big cup of sweet tea. I Nearly gagged it was so unbelievably sweet after months of not drinking it. I haven't been able to touch it since. Pretty certain it was around that time that I discovered real chocolate and not the super sweet milk chocolate stuff as well.

Pfft, white chocolate isn't really even chocolate. It doesn't even have cocoa in it, at least not the stuff we call "chocolate" and instead just has the byproduct crap and lots of sugar.

I knew there would a response like this, to which I answer - DO I LOOK LIKE I CARE?!!! :D

Oh screw this shit, the said the same thing a year or two ago of there being a bacon shortage looming, and sure enough bacon prices went up. They're doing this to influence the market!!!!

That said, if chocolate prices do rise, it would only benefit me as I can not say no to candy :D

Well they said chocolate was going away last year and the year before. Except the folks saying it cared about "sustainable", "fair trade" chocolate. This year there happens to be some actual reason for there being a shortage. I'm sure the aforementioned group would NEVER consider blowing it out of proportion.

Let's be honest, you aren't going to get fat eating stuff like http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/category/vosges-new-gourmet-super-dark-chocolate-gifts for a few good reasons;
3) They are expensive, and you aren't getting fat on chocolate this expensive..unless you want to go bankrupt. But then if the goal is to get fat then backs of cheap crap is far more efficient. :D

Don't pay $40 for 4.5 ounces of truffles. Make them yourself for under $6 a pound. http://www.gourmail.com/order.html

And on that note, there's a reason why people like MILK chocolate, because it has sugar, and cocoa butter, and all sorts of other stuff that tastes good. If I want health benefits I'll stop eating chocolate all together, and that probably would be the largest health benefit for me.

But hey if you want some bitter stuff to chew on, go ahead and eat those dark chocolates without much sugar in them.

If it ain't dark chocolate, IMO, its not chocolate.

You actually eat LESS chocolate if you eat dark chocolate since you get your fill of cocoa very quickly, while people just down milk chocolate all day because their cravings for cocoa aren't satisfied.

Each to their own, but IMO, milk chocolate is the poor man's treat compared to dark chocolate.

Each to their own, but IMO, milk chocolate is the poor man's treat compared to dark chocolate.

I agree with you, but for me and many others it's the taste. Milk and dark chocolate taste very different and I just don't like dark chocolate even though it's healthier.

I agree with you, but for me and many others it's the taste. Milk and dark chocolate taste very different and I just don't like dark chocolate even though it's healthier.

Agreed. I like milk chocolate, but I LOVE dark chocolate.

Milk chocolate is like "Hey, yeah, I have cocoa. Nice to meet you."
Dark chocolate is like "I am the damn cocoa, now shut up and take it!"

:eek:

mmmm, chocolate...
images

Back