Went back to a 2.1 setup after using 5.1 for about 3 years

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
2.1 just sounds better more in your face the satellites speakers on my Logitech Z906 did nothing for me it didn't make me a better gamer some stuff sounded better. So I plugged back in the 2.1 Z623 set and I'm home again.

Plus the Sub woofer Amp on the 5.1 was getting way too hot

Lol... Never a dull day in your life of adventure and mystery, is there?

What is/was your goal with these speakers anyway? Cheap computer speakers are probably among the worst examples of 5.1+ surround sound. For a computer, you might as well just stick with stereo (with or without sub) and if positioning actually matters, use headphones. If you want to go with 5.1+ again in the future, go with a home-theater style setup using real components.

I went back to 2.0 from 5.2 because having a bunch of Revel Ultima tower speakers and a pair of giant JL Fathom F112s in a gaming room was taking a lot of space and has terrible decor. Also for gaming it felt a waste since most PC games have pretty crappy audio quality anyway, and most anime is 2.0 audio anyway, no point for surround for most of my content watching.

Also because I discovered the Focal Utopia headphones, I finally became a headphone convert. Besides smaller is trendier these days.

Yeah the wires are something else on 5.1 setup dust bunnies like crazy.
I read in Maximum PC that Creative has a new wireless 2.1 setup I don't mind the wires on a 2.1 setup though. With the 5.1 setup I have my speaking falling over because I don't have them wall mounted.
The best speakers I ever heard unless it's just me are those cheap creative speakers 4.1 set but I got rid of they died on me in the late 90s. I also had a cheap set of Logitech speakers that sounded really good I got them for the game Rift in 2011 and I was blown away by the sound not loud but they just sounded good. but either the onboard sound I had at the time wasn't good enough or the speakers were not that loud.

Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer

https://www.amazon.com/Creative-Wir...1474994203&sr=8-13&keywords=creative+wireless

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Wow 150 for shipping on those bluetooth ones :)

I have old creative 2.1 and they sound great

Back