Well, that was fast...

KaosDG

[H]F Junkie
I'm kind of shocked at Apple's shipping procedures, they're pretty good.

I ordered an extra MagSafe adapter, battery and a new bag for my macbook pro, on tuesday afternoon.

I chose standard ground shipping, and according to Apple, it was supposed to ship today, and arrive by the 3rd or 4th of april...

On tuesday night, I get a confirmation e-mail telling me my order already shipped. "great!" I thought, I guessed i'd get it by that monday, earliest...

To my surprise, I got my packages YESTERDAY. I hadn't checked the tracking, since I wasn't expecting it until next week (I don't usually check until the day i'm expecting it).

The odd thing is, the tracking indicated that the expected delivery date was today...

I don't know if I should credit FedEx for delivering early or Apple for shipping so quick, but in either case that was pretty cool of them, to get my stuff out to me a whole 5 days before i was even expecting it.

A friend of mine ordered a Nintendo DS from Japan at night, and got it the following morning. Less than 10 hours to get it from Japan is pretty damned good, don't you think? :p They probably had a stockpile somewhere in Europe. But still!

Apple's shipping is great, in my experience.

Yeah, I've had Apple products arrive the day before they were scheduled every time I've ordered from them.

:thumbs up:

Haha. maybe they overexaggerate their dates so people are pleasantly surprised.

A friend of mine ordered a Nintendo DS from Japan at night, and got it the following morning. Less than 10 hours to get it from Japan is pretty damned good, don't you think? :p They probably had a stockpile somewhere in Europe. But still!

Apple's shipping is great, in my experience.

10 hours?! the flight on a passenger plane from Japan is probably longer than that.

I dunno about that. They might have foreseen that as well, and a store display cardboard MBP will arrive instead. :D

My ipod came in 6 days. I had laser engraving though. I thought it was interesting that it was shipped from China. Not sure what to think about that really.

10 hours?! the flight on a passenger plane from Japan is probably longer than that.

Is he sure it actually shipped from Japan?
Try reading the whole post next time. ;)

When I bought my iBook, I ordered it at about eight pm thursday night. It left the factory in Ireland during the night, and was at my doorstep on tuesday, depsite the fact that the shipping company that took over from Gothenburg were a bunch of wankers.

Something like that happened to me with newegg - ordered sunday, got it monday, got the email tuesday

Back