Well, my 2005fpw has a ton of burn in.

Omegaslast

Limp Gawd

damn LCD monitors have more burn in than my plasma!! i dont even know how i get wavy line burn in... HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?!?!

oh well, dell better honor their 3 year warranty..

That does not look like burn in. Those lines do not look like any sort of specific image you would have left on the screen.

It appers to be either Mura or Tiger striping.

Do the lnies have a puprle tint to them???

Unfortunately there is no way to fix mura.

The only form of "burn-in" that LCD's can have is known as "image semi-permanence". The simple fix for this is to turn off the monitor for a bit and the ghost image will go away. I get that image semi-permanence problem a lot with blues on my 2005fpw. So if I leave an active window in one space too long the blue sides of the window will produce what looks like burn in...turn off the monitor for an hour and it is gone.

travbomb said:
That does not look like burn in. Those lines do not look like any sort of specific image you would have left on the screen.

Can you elaborate on what Mura and Tiger Striper are?

travbomb said:

hmm no purple tint

at first i thought it was some sick joke of image retention, so i had a screensaver that would go on after 3 minutes of no activity, and it was pure bright colors slideshow (neon+white), nothing happened. The screensaver is still there, and its been over 3 weeks.

Omegaslast said:

damn LCD monitors have more burn in than my plasma!! i dont even know how i get wavy line burn in... HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?!?!

oh well, dell better honor their 3 year warranty..

I have a ton of that crap on my 2405. Debating what to do about it actually.

I get the "burn in" images too of things that were on the screen too long, they do go away.

I've come to the conclusion that you just get what you pay for with Dell. (buy cheap you get cheap)

Dell is cheap? Yeah, that's what they said - Lets use some cheap material so that people will get burn in images. It happens randomly to ANY LCD.

Steelgrave said:
I've come to the conclusion that you just get what you pay for with Dell. (buy cheap you get cheap)

Dell is indeed crap.

Dozoy said:
Dell is cheap? Yeah, that's what they said - Lets use some cheap material so that people will get burn in images. It happens randomly to ANY LCD.

I dont think its any great secret that dell builds as cheaply as possible, regardless of where they source their panels from. If you had looked at this forum any time in the last few years youd have seen a *HUGE* array of "my dell lcd has backlight bleeding/other issues* threads. I counted many a thread where people went through 3 and 4 dell lcds to get one they found satisfactory.

Its just like these people who are currently evangelizing Westinghouse. Westinghouse is also total crap, and eventually they will find out.

Well, shit, my 2005fpw has a ton of burn in.

Please do not use words like "shit" in thread titles.

my 2405s have bad burn in but I just leave a black screen saver on to get rid of it

Tutelary said:
I dont think its any great secret that dell builds as cheaply as possible, regardless of where they source their panels from. If you had looked at this forum any time in the last few years youd have seen a *HUGE* array of "my dell lcd has backlight bleeding/other issues* threads. I counted many a thread where people went through 3 and 4 dell lcds to get one they found satisfactory.

Its just like these people who are currently evangelizing Westinghouse. Westinghouse is also total crap, and eventually they will find out.
LOL, I concur. Most of the time, price equal quality.

Lethal said:
Well, shit, my 2005fpw has a ton of burn in.

Please do not use words like "shit" in thread titles.

Does that mean we can;t use words like "ship" and "shin" but we can use "shit" in the title?

Sorry, I'll get my coat...

Back