Well I’m coming back home fellas.

JNavy89GT

[H]ard|Gawd
Ordered parts for a new Zen4 build. 7600x, asrock taichi 670e, gskill pc6000 cas 36 rev memory. Asrock 6800xt. Upgrading from 9900k@5ghz all cores. Ddr4@3600, evga 1080ti hybrid. The 7600x and 6800xt may be placeholders for a v cache chip if they are solid gains in what I need. May get a mid tear $600ish new rdna3 if they are good gains over 6800xt . Otherwise I’ll keep this.

My main game is Csgo and benches seem to put this ahead of intel 12th gen. I didn’t want to wait for 13th gen. My daughter wants a game pc so I’m giving this old one to her. My son may get the 6800xt and 7600x when b series boards come out and ddr5 becomes reasonably priced. He mainly needs a gpu upgrade. So like I said I’ll use the 6800xt for now and see how rdna3 goes.

It’s been a minute since I’ve had AMD in my main pc. Looking forward to it. I was an athlon whore back in the day. Bulldozer lost me, and I’ve been intel since. This gen finally got me to come over.

It’s been a minute since I’ve had AMD in my main pc. Looking forward to it. I was an athlon whore back in the day. Bulldozer lost me, and I’ve been intel since. This gen finally got me to come over.
same here...last AMD main rig i had was an opteron 165 CCBWE socket 939 setup...so yeah, it's been quite a while for me as well.... :ROFLMAO:

but i opted for a 5950x for mine vs 7900x/7950x, for the availability, cost savings, power savings, and not having to deal with growing pains on a new platform. this rig should (hopefully) last me at least as long as the 7 years my i7-4790k main rig in my sig has lasted. my stuff should arrive tomorrow, can't wait!

same here...last AMD main rig i had was an opteron 165 CCBWE socket 939 setup...so yeah, it's been quite a while for me as well.... :ROFLMAO:

but i opted for a 5950x for mine vs 7900x/7950x, for the availability, cost savings, power savings, and not having to deal with growing pains on a new platform. this rig should (hopefully) last me at least as long as the 7 years my i7-4790k main rig in my sig has lasted. my stuff should arrive tomorrow, can't wait!
I thought of saving money in buying a 5950x or a 12900k But Csgo seems to like the new Gen 4 Ryzen , and probably the new 13th GEN Intel! . I guess, it was a good excuse to build a new system lol, And I didn’t feel like waiting for Intel to come out

I thought of saving money in buying a 5950x or a 12900k But Csgo seems to like the new Gen 4 Ryzen , and probably the new 13th GEN Intel! . I guess, it was a good excuse to build a new system lol, And I didn’t feel like waiting for Intel to come out

You are nowhere near a bad decision. Both platforms are still relevant and depending on your needs/upgrade strategy people will make a choice.

Enjoy your new machine!

yeah, i mean it would have been nice to have the extra processing power that the 7950x would give me for video encoding, for sure. But in the fairly near future (maybe next year or so), I will be traveling full-time in an RV while working remotely, and I will be boondocking the vast majority of the time (no power/water hookups) with solar panels & lithium batteries powering my rig, so efficiency and heat reduction is a little more important to me in that scenario...those new chips are power HOGS and run a lot hotter (by design, but still...hotter is hotter). and saving over $400 on top of all that on the older gen is just the icing on the cake.

How much do Win11 cost now days for new builds?
If you want to buy retail it is $100-200 depending on which version you want. You can get cheap keys off eBay and grey key sites for $10~. That said if you have a Windows 7,8 or 10 key then you can use it to install 11.

yeah, i mean it would have been nice to have the extra processing power that the 7950x would give me for video encoding, for sure. But in the fairly near future (maybe next year or so), I will be traveling full-time in an RV while working remotely, and I will be boondocking the vast majority of the time (no power/water hookups) with solar panels & lithium batteries powering my rig, so efficiency and heat reduction is a little more important to me in that scenario...those new chips are power HOGS and run a lot hotter (by design, but still...hotter is hotter). and saving over $400 on top of all that on the older gen is just the icing on the cake.
Yeah, as much as I’d love to ride the bleeding edge! I just can’t justify anything more than the 7600x now. I’ll probably upgrade to the 8c/16t vcache cpu when it arrives. So this is kinda a placeholder until then.

Back