Well, I think my router may be dead now (E3000)

Lyquist

2[H]4U
I have been struggling with my e3000 for awhile now, and today had the time to try the tomato firmware...so I downloaded it, and then went to install it from the default linksys firmware page, and about half way in it appeared to die, and now I have only been able to log back into the router once. I have tried the 30/30/30 twice to no avail. When I was able to log into the Linksys that one time, it displayed the main page...everything "Looked" right...but when I tried to click on something I got nothing.

Anyway, I got tired to configuring/troubleshooting routers back in the Freesco days, but maybe I can summon up the energy for one more:) Thanks.

I tried some more things, such as 30/30/30 reset several times, and all it will do is blink the little blue power light. Does anyone have any ideas about this? Thanks.

Sounds like the firmware update went bad during power loss, so I'd say your pretty much fooked. Hope my new E3000 keeps ticking

Sounds like it got bricked. Same thing happened to me to when I was trying to flash a crapgear with dd-wrt.

You may be able to J-Tag it, but at the same time it may just be dead. You could call Linksys tell em it isn't responding and have them replace it (just leave out the power outage, and firmware update part of the story).

I am not sure what I am going to do with it. I am so frustrated with this thing I don't know what to think at the moment. I have NEVER had a consumer electronic device give me this much trouble. And I have been involved with computers since 1995.

Odd, my E3000 never gave me such issues, even when I loaded Tomato on it for about 10 mins and went back to stock

I was going to say, that if anyone wants it...you can have it for $25 shipped. I have decided to sell it.

Back