wELL GUYS WISH ME LUCK fX-53/Asus 939 setup putting it together right now!

Bios i grabbed wasnt working, if anyone could direct me to the proper spot to grab it let me know, ill keep searching.

Marcdaddy said:
Im pushing the multiplier, cause the mushkin Ram, which is rated 2/2/2/6 is causing all kinds of problems, the XMS is doing better but i gotta go buy a matched pair, cause i olny got 1 stick. The voltage is at 1.65 temps are at 111 degress idle, 120 full load.

Tsk Tsk, shoulda gone hyperX.

Oh an I hate you, die.

And dibs on the FX53 when he dies.

Oh by the Way the Mushkin is working just fine now, after manuelly adjusting the timins in bios, For some reason the Mobo aint setting them right, the 800XT i preordered from, Best buy, and Comp Usa, Best Buy said that it shipped today, some people were told that they werent getting theres, i called last week and threatened to close my Best Buy account which had a $10K limit with a 0 Balance and that shook them up lol. Ill still take the Card from Comp Usa when it ships and either keep it or sell it. Oh ya i Forgot to Mention the Ram from Mushkin, is the WINBOND BH-6 sticks, it was the mobo bios that originally didnt like them, after flashing that helped, then tweaking the timings really helped. Now if i can just find that Beta Bios!!!!!

Marcdaddy said:
Bios i grabbed wasnt working, if anyone could direct me to the proper spot to grab it let me know, ill keep searching.

i can host the 1005.021 beta bios when i get home from work so you can download it from me (which is going to be in 3.5 hours :( )...even if you get it before then i'll still host it for others to download

also at the bottom of your memory options there's a 2T command that's set to Auto by default. Make sure you disable that...with 2T set to Enabled or Auto i get 1300mb/s less in Sandra than if i set it to Disabled (4900mb/s vs. 6200mb/s at 12x218) - it makes a huge difference ...but if you're running a gig like me setting 2T to Enabled does help increase stability at higher "fsb," but my board sucks and i can't go higher than 218 anyway so i disable it for more bandwidth.

PureBooYah said:
i can host the 1005.021 beta bios when i get home from work so you can download it from me (which is going to be in 3.5 hours :( )...even if you get it before then i'll still host it for others to download

also at the bottom of your memory options there's a 2T command that's set to Auto by default. Make sure you disable that...with 2T set to Enabled or Auto i get 1300mb/s less in Sandra than if i set it to Disabled (4900mb/s vs. 6200mb/s at 12x218) - it makes a huge difference ...but if you're running a gig like me setting 2T to Enabled does help increase stability at higher "fsb," but my board sucks and i can't go higher than 218 anyway so i disable it for more bandwidth.

PureBoo Yah, where are you hosting the BIOS, and are you willing to share so that I can play w/ my A8V?

Mad Clown, you are killing me. Where you the guy at school that told everyone that there was no such thing as Santa Claus? :D

You guys are too funny, Thanks for the Bios update guys, Next time you come through JOLIET ILLINIOS you can comew over and drink a Beer with me lol.

NEVERLIFT said:
I may have stated it wrong... but the fact of the matter is low amps will = low volts to the rails and to prove this monitor yours rails while benchmarking your pc.

I have sat and monitored my 5v rail while stress testing the pc and watched the drive disappear and reappear in windows as the volts dropped to around 4.6v on the 5v.

And amps matters more than watts. I would rather have a 350watt psu for example that puts out alot amps than a cheap psu thats rated at 400watt and low amps ;)

But you do what you like bro.
and i've had this very system's 5v rail go to 4.3v without having any issues at all. just make sure you don't buy a generic type psu, that's for sure

jarman said:
PureBoo Yah, where are you hosting the BIOS, and are you willing to share so that I can play w/ my A8V?

Mad Clown, you are killing me. Where you the guy at school that told everyone that there was no such thing as Santa Claus? :D

i'll host it from my ftp...i'll post a link once i get out of work

Marcdaddy said:
Yep parts from newegg showed up FX-53, Asus 939 mobo, and i got some 1 gig of Mushkin 2/2/2 Ram, too bad my 800XT still hadnt showed up, but the 9800XT is gonna have to do, gonna post some scrennies tonight in a couple of hours hopefully and some new 3dmark loops, Wish me luck hehe.

hmmm......makes me wonder....

Marcdaddy said:
the 800XT i preordered from, Best buy, and Comp Usa, Best Buy said that it shipped today, some people were told that they werent getting theres, i called last week and threatened to close my Best Buy account which had a $10K limit with a 0 Balance and that shook them up lol.

....dropping thousands on a brand new system, $10,000 credit card limit, ruffing up best buy employees.....i smell drug dealer!!!!!!!!

LOL, i wish i was, instead im a slave to 7-up/Dr. Pepper im an account manager. Not a lot of luck with the new Beta Bios, having a hard time adjusting the ram to it, i ran a 3dmark at 230 FSB but i cant get my ram to run nearly at 1:1 so getting higher scores then what i currnetly have is difficult i gotta get some sleep and maybe a Prometia 2 on its way also :p

I've been able to run mine @ 2600 and play FartCry and Joint Operations, however, I haven't benched it at this speed. I am holding out until my BFG 6800UOC gets here. Hopefully, I can get over 30k in 01 and 13k in 03. But if not, oh well. lol

I hope you will bwe able to maintain the overclockl with the 6800Ultra, the damn thing runs so hot it keeps rebooting my buddys computer, it says that its running upwards of 190 degrees, raises his case temps so high that his system keeps lockling, raising his cpu temps from 116 full load to OVERHEAT KABLAMMO! i saw it first hand he is gonna send it back and wait for a 800XT. Big letdown cause i got both cards on order.

Well, screw this. I've read about the problems of heat one too many times now. I am going to cancel and go with the XT. Of all the places that have them to preorder, who would be the most probable of getting it to me first, and for a price that doesn't rape me.

I got a friend that works at COMP USA and they will actually be able to fill there orders, i got one on order there and Best buy as well, taking the first one that shows up, but he re assured me that the cards from COMP USA will ship. In fact they opened up there Pre-Buy on there website because they are getting more then they had Pre Sold. :)

I sure hope you guys get past 25K, cause I got 24K with a CPU that costed half that much... :rolleyes: , and a 9800pro...

I'm already past 25k, my latest run gave me 27,000k. I'm sure that once I install the 6800U and run the processor at 2.6, I'll be well beyond the 30k mark.

Boshi you aint on Air cooling either, so if i decided to cram it ino the Prometia it would be a lot higher, and i just started tweaking dont hate cause we aint got nothing better to do with our money. And you now ive had systems that were overclocked to the max, but buying a new CPU orVideo card cause ive friend them from continuely overclocking nite and day anit always cheap either. Post your link Boshi

sandman78 said:
which power supply [...] would be the best with this setup.
S@ndman

If you're putting together that kickass of a system, I would only recommend a PCP&C PSU. It's worth the money :)

Marcdaddy said:
I got a friend that works at COMP USA and they will actually be able to fill there orders

I got mine at the CompUSA in Mesquite. It was a little bit of a drive, but they had the cards there :)

Back