Well guys i did, i bought the 6800GT.

wilson502

Limp Gawd
As the title implies, i went to EVGA, and plopped down 440 big ones for a 6800Gt. Also realize im in cali, and evga is in cali so im subject to sales tax. a lot of computer places r in cali so im subject to sales tax. The one advantage of it being in california is itl get here in 1-2 days on ground. I hope this was worth it.

Do you overclock the 2.4B at all? You may want some extra speed...

The 6800GT is great. A much needed upgrade from the GF3...

Have fun.

i can get it to bout 2.7 stably, that bout it, not much of a o/cer. I can go higher, but vcore has to go way too high. Itll be a nice upgarde i think considering ive had this card for 2 and a half years. I can prolly set the p4 for 2.7 and be happy with it.

a 6800GT even with a p4 2.4 should hold me over just fine for doom 3 and hl2. Besides newer games r more gpu dependent than cpu.

dont be an ass..

as for Wilson.. congrats.. i ordered mine a week ago and im still waiting.. i just hope it ships on 8/2 like they said

C4rniV0r said:
Wow thanks for the update, I am sure everybody here really cares

haha, although sometimes I do like to hear who is able to purcahse what 6800 and more importantly from where, c4rn actually has somewhat of a point.. If everyone that vists these forums (what, maybe like 10,000 people) posted about their 6800 purchase, we'd have so many useless threads. I think people just want to show off or have people say 'omg your so l33t!'

wilson502 said:
As the title implies, i went to EVGA, and plopped down 440 big ones for a 6800Gt. Also realize im in cali, and evga is in cali so im subject to sales tax. a lot of computer places r in cali so im subject to sales tax. The one advantage of it being in california is itl get here in 1-2 days on ground. I hope this was worth it.

gratz!

i was gonna say the same thing frozen. I hope it ships on 8/2 to. My point of this thread really wasnt to say im leet cause im gettin a 6800 GT. What r the best drivers to use for this card anyway cause ill need to kno this when i get it.

congrats. I bought one yesterday and it should be here tomorrow. To bad I will be on vacation for 11 days. Oh well I will have some nice gifts when I get back. D3 and a 6800GT OC :D

i recently returned the 9800pro i got last week, for a giftcard. comp usa says they're getting 25 GT's in a few days, so im putting it towards that.

doom3 here i come :p

Back