Welcome Uzor and Bravo))) to the General Gaming Moderating Team

Oldie

Mean Old Administrator
Staff member
Some of you have already noticed, but the General Gaming forum has recently been graced with the addition of Bravo))) and uzor to the moderating staff. Please [strike=]treat them with all of the respect and admiration you've given to the rest of us[/s] try to not kill them in their first week. :cool:

Welcome!

I have Bravo on my Steam friends list, time to exert a corrupting influence on him :D

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I'll be sure to run this with an iron fist and a whip. But in all seriousness, if any of you need anything... I charge per letter.

Hi everyone. I'll be sure to run this with an iron fist and a whip. But in all seriousness, if any of you need anything... I charge per letter.

Doeswhitespacecount?

Edit: blah, forgot to say welcome to you both :)

Bout time they ousted Oldie from power...

err...I mean... Congrats to Bravo))) and Uzor!!!

Shit, I sense my own imminent bannage.

j/k...You know I love you Oldie...and your hot wife too.:p

Congrats to the both of you, Uzor & Bravo)))

I know you'll keep us unruly enthusiast gamers in line (especially Fail - he keeps the posts & lulz flowing here) :p

wait. we have more moderators... what are there forums coming to??

More moderators simply means there are more people to help keep the forum running nice and smooth the way the vast majority of the uses like it too. I would venture about 99% of all members here never have a "negative" interaction with a moderator. :)

More moderators simply means there are more people to help keep the forum running nice and smooth the way the vast majority of the uses like it too. I would venture about 99% of all members here never have a "negative" interaction with a moderator. :)

Mods are like bouncers. Generally friendly & sometimes joyful but will kick ass if you make a disturbance of any sort. That's at least how I see it. :)

Shit, even [H] has a 99 % and 1 %

I'm in the 1% :p

How much does being a mod pay?

Nothing as far as I know, but I think that some GenMay mods get a cut of subscription fees to moderate GenMay.

I don't know if that still stands or not, but I found that info in a thread I dug up.

But in any case, I don't think Oldie gets paid by the infraction, I think he gives [H] more money than they could pay him out of his use of the commission links alone.

Nothing as far as I know, but I think that some GenMay mods get a cut of subscription fees to moderate GenMay.

I don't know if that still stands or not, but I found that info in a thread I dug up.

But in any case, I don't think Oldie gets paid by the infraction, I think he gives [H] more money than they could pay him out of his use of the commission links alone.

Oh man, if we got paid by the infraction.........

:eek:

Wait, what were we talking about again?!?

:p

Welcome. I feel as though I should start some kind of fight with someone, and give you guys some practice...

Mods are like bouncers. Generally friendly & sometimes joyful but will kick ass if you make a disturbance of any sort. That's at least how I see it. :)

I'll raise you a quote:
"With great power (of a moderator) comes great responsibility (to kick trolls out)"

I do have great interactions with moderators, actually I do wish there were more of you guys in some of the more "heated" forums, such as the Display or the Video card forums. Most people are cool, but you do get an occasional troll/shill preaching the same stuff.

It's topics like this that make me wish I had the megatokyo post about being a modrators.
"To be a forum moderator, you must first tame a room full of 100 crazed monkeys."

All moderators are volunteers, we just like the community and enjoy the chance to help keep it working.

I find that commendable considering that at the end of the day [H] is very much a business.

Back