Welcome phoenicis: new folder bringing sharp mower blades!

Welcome back!

You won't catch me for a while, but when you do, just a bit off the top, ok?

Last edited:
Insanity loves company, and we have it in spades here at the [H]orde. :D

Thanks for warm welcome chaps but it's just for another short visit. I thought it was about time I contributed again after using the [H] forum as a technical manual over the last few months especially the SR-2 optimisation thread including but not limited to MIBW's mad scientist experimentation and bios templates.

The timing seemed right with the nail biting ppd challenge to EVGA but dropper's offer of a RatzPad (whatever that is) is what really clinched it :D

So no slacking and let's have at the behemoth!

Thanks for warm welcome chaps but it's just for another short visit. I thought it was about time I contributed again after using the [H] forum as a technical manual over the last few months especially the SR-2 optimisation thread including but not limited to MIBW's mad scientist experimentation and bios templates.

The timing seemed right with the nail biting ppd challenge to EVGA but dropper's offer of a RatzPad (whatever that is) is what really clinched it :D

glad to have you.

I hope your stay is long, enjoyable, and full of many many points

No problem, welcome back, enjoy the stay (however brief). I have to ask - do you have any shiny new boxen to show off:cool:

I have to ask - do you have any shiny new boxen to show off:cool:

Nah, afraid not. Spent way to much on the second SR-2 build. Watercooling and acheiving a high OC was good fun but not worth the money the processors cost. I'm going to try to hold off on pulling the trigger on anything else until BD and IB are launched.

Saying that, the 4P builds some of you guys have pulled together are simply incredible. This really is the home of the bleeding edge in folding kit :cool:

Last edited:
It should be interesting to see what we all come up with next - seeing what some of the (by comparison) older g34 boxen can do... I wonder what IB and BD will put out

Great to have you back for a visit - you are always welcome at [H].

Have you got all Ubuntood?

Great to have you back for a visit - you are always welcome at [H].

Have you got all Ubuntood?

Thanks and yep - 10.10, ck kernel, kraken and NUMA on. I'm currently trying to figure out why whenever I pick up a 6903 on the SR2s there's a slowdown. For example SR2 # 2 slows to a tpf of well over 23 mins until a client restart when it will shift back to just over 21 mins again. Doesn't happen on other bigadv wus just the 6903. Have you experienced this at all?

sfeld and I were trying to nail that down in our 6903 thread here

he thinks it might be due to "load balancing" or whatever its called

sfeld and I were trying to nail that down in our 6903 thread here

he thinks it might be due to "load balancing" or whatever its called

Thanks Jebo. Good to know I'm not alone. Funny thing is it's not happening on the single proc hex rigs just the SR2s. Did you come across any workaround beyond a client restart?

Edit: nvm think I may have sussed a workaround. More testing required.

Last edited:
I have been away for a few days and just looked at my threat list. It has been a while since there was any red on mine, phoenicis came out of nowhere. From what I can tell it looks like you have at least 4 boxen, I wish I could buy another few to keep up.:( Also, Welcome.

Signing off guys, it's again been an honour. For those who I've mowed, I look forward to you mowing me right back again. Revenge is a dish not only best served cold but quickly as well :)

With respect to my issue of a slow down when picking up 6903s, disabling C-State seems to have solved the problem on the rig using turboboost but not on the other. 50% there but it appears more head scratching is required.

Keep pouring on the coal guys, with the additional mega builds coming on line and the arrival of another uber bigadv project, our friends at EVGA's wailing and gnashing of teeth will commence swiftly followed by a new arms race. Great for both the fun factor and the science :cool:

Thanks for the visit... If your team ever needs a bump just give us a holler. :)

Oh, and thanks for stopping just short of mowing me. :D

Back