Weirdness with 91.31 on 6800nu AGP

uzor

Supreme [H]ardness
Ok, I recently updated my drivers to 91.31 as mentioned in the thread title. Since then, there are two things I have been unable to figure out. I'm hoping someone else can help.

First thing relates to the first image below. This little balloon pops up every time I start my computer, and will not go away until I click to dismiss it. Now I know that this seems like something fairly insignificant, but it's driving me nuts. I've looked all through the "new" control panel interface (which I hate, BTW, but that's for another thread), and cannot find any way to ask it not to tell me that I don't have SLI running (duh, SLI on AGP would be quite the trick!!).

Next issue is with the "Display Optimization Wizard" that is in the new control panel interface. Whenever I try to run this, I get the error message below. Problem is, that I don't have my display set to clone. Hell, I don't even have a 2nd display or video out cable connected at the moment, only my primary monitor. How can I convince it that cloning really is disabled already?

Now I realize that my card is "old and crotchety" in the fast-moving, high-dollar world of video cards, but I really don't think that I should have to downgrade back to a prior version just to clear up a couple AGP-related bugs (or w/e).

Any ideas? Is this just a bum release?

Thanks.

To add another issue I guess, figured I'd add it here cause it exactly describes my problems too.

91.31 and a vanilla 6800 AGP card. Had the SLi balloon, fixed that already, but

Every movie is shades of grey. Everything, DVD's, recorded TV programs, etc.

Just did a full format/reinstall, and everything worked fine before hand, so I have a hard time buying it's a hardware failure at the exact moment I reformatted the drive. Additionally, I'm seeing little graphic "glitches" on my last CRT monitor. The 2 LCD's don't show them though /shrug.

Your Saturation slider is probably way to the left... bring it back to the middle. Happened to me when I installed these drivers... happened to someone else who posted the same thing.

Back