Weirdest issue with "UPLAY" i've ever experienced! HELP!!

newls1

Supreme [H]ardness
Just did a fresh format due to being bored and wanted to start fresh again. (Keep in mind EVERYTHING was working perfect PRIOR to the format) Did the normal format, and clean install of everything as ive done numerous times before, got win10 all setup and installed my 2nd m.2 sata drive for my games, loaded uplay, and re-downloaded my FC5 game. It installed fine, go to launch and INSTANT REBOOT.. like not even go into the game or nothing, just click "launch" and bam! instant reboot. Was like WTF... removed the latest nvidia drivers, and reinstalled my drivers i was using prior, and same issue... so its not an nvidia issue. delete all uplay again, and formated the m.2 my games are on AGAIN and redownloaded uplay and fc5, same issue.. wtf! At wits end, formated entire pc again, reinstall everything, and still same issue. WTF UPLAY. Tried epic game store, downloaded that launcher, and DL'ed metro exodus and played that for a few hours with NO ISSUES... so this is clearly a uplay issue, BUT I CANT UNSTAND WHY UPLAY WORKED FINE BEFORE FORMAT??? Any help me with this PLEASE!!!!???

I'm not sure this will help or apply to your situation, but had some issues with Division 2 recently:

Recommended verifying files (right click on Division 2 in UPlay GUI), which found some corrupted files, and corrected them. Games is back to normal graphically.

Sounds like hardware is faulty....power supply could be going out...Is it doing a full log off and restart? Or like a power failure occurred?

Sounds like hardware is faulty....power supply could be going out...Is it doing a full log off and restart? Or like a power failure occurred?
certainly not a PSU issue, did you read the actual thread i posted? Metro Exodus and every other single game is running perfect. Clearly a uplay issue.

certainly not a PSU issue, did you read the actual thread i posted? Metro Exodus and every other single game is running perfect. Clearly a uplay issue.

It's entirely possible that launching the game stresses your PSU in a way that no other game you've tried does, it wouldn't be the first time I've seen or heard of 1 game out of many cause stability issues related to the PSU or overheating(this doesn't sound at all like overheating).

PSU is fine.. why does everyone always revert to that as always being the culprit. I appreciate your reply, thank you for that, but the PSU is 100%. Ive google this issue, and seems to be somewhat common. I "verified the files" and she is working just fine now. So weird, this happened

Last edited:
Sometimes you can see the causes of issues through the system tab of the Windows event viewer. You'll be looking for error sources that took place just before "Kernel-Power" and "Kernel-Boot" entries.

PSU is fine.. why does everyone always revert to that as always being the culprit.

I can't speak for others but there's multiple reasons I would suspect that first. Usually complete restarts without a blue screen(assuming you have them enabled) are hardware related with PSU being the most likely, driver issues/conflicts can cause it and I suspect that was the issue if you had a corrupted file but it's rare IME. Overheating is probably the biggest cause of game specific issues but that doesn't seem likely on launch. Memory problems will usually throw a blue screen IME unless you've got a bad sector(s) but if that's the case then stability issues are more random since it happens whenever that bad sector is used.

Glad you got it fixed. Verifying the integrity is always a good thing to try first for launch issues since it's quick and easy but I would(and did) suspect the psu first given your (most likely accurate)description of the symptoms.

PSU is fine.. why does everyone always revert to that as always being the culprit. I appreciate your reply, thank you for that, but the PSU is 100%. Ive google this issue, and seems to be somewhat common. I "verified the files" and she is working just fine now. So weird, this happened

Typically, PCs don't shutdown without an error unless it's overheating, the PSU, or the motherboard. Drivers *sometimes* can if they are critical system ones, but it's downright rare for something at software level to cause a spontaneous PC restart.

Your uplay installer launcher is outdated this happened to me a few days ago. If you have a older installer its messed up for some reason. The correct one doesn't have a white interface look for the blue uplay logo version.

Your uplay installer launcher is outdated this happened to me a few days ago. If you have a older installer its messed up for some reason. The correct one doesn't have a white interface look for the blue uplay logo version.

It certainly wasnt outdated, as it was a fresh DL, and regardless... everytime you launch UPLAY, it auto updates itself anyways... guys, this issue was resolved if you read above. It wasnt an outdated launcher, not a PSU issue, not an overheating issue. It was a strange one to fix, but its fixed and this is old news.

I’ve had problems with Ubisoft also. Not fc5 but, assassins creed oddesy. It’s either a black screen or reboot. Remove 20.4.1 and just installed the the driver without the other junk. Seems to be just fine now. On my machine MSI afterburner and the full amd driver installation did not agree.

Back