Weirdest Game you Ever played?

Odama blends tactical wargaming with pinball gameplay. The game takes place in a feudal Japan setting.

Definitely Seaman for the Dreamcast. You communicate with a human/fish hybrid through the various stages of its life cycle using your voice (microphone attachment came with the game). It was like a tamagotchi AI fever dream back then (2000). Also the voice of the Seaman was Leonard Nimoy of Spock fame, and the Seaman would throw shade at you constantly.

One of my friends asked it “if it had hair?” and the Seaman replied “the hair…down there?”. We lost our shit laughing.

Last edited:
Definitely Seaman for the Dreamcast. You communicate with a human/fish hybrid through the various stages of its life cycle using your voice (microphone attachment came with the game). It was like a tamagotchi AI fever dream back then (2000). Also the voice of the Seaman was Leonard Nimoy of Spock fame, and the Seaman would throw shade at you constantly.

One of my friends asked it “if it had hair?” and the Seaman replied “the hair…down there?”. We lost our shit laughing.
Same for me. Seems like the right time for a sequel, a ChatGPT-esque Seaman would be a good(ish) time.

Popping into Steam last night to poke around for something new, and the "new and trending" had some interesting titles.

PacPix is pretty weird too. Draw pac-men to eat ghosts, but the game animates your distorted to hell drawings if it can tell it was a Pac-Man.

PO'ed

I just remember these weird walking ass creatures (literally 2 legs and an ass) that shot meatballs out of their anus.

xNDc5N2JkL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjU3OTI4MDU@._V1_.jpg

ULTRAKILL is pretty weird and wacky and inspired by Dante's Inferno.

"Mankind is dead. Blood is fuel. Hell is full."

"Mankind has gone extinct and the only beings left on earth are machines fueled by blood.
But now that blood is starting to run out on the surface...
Machines are racing to the depths of Hell in search of more."

Reactions: Axman
like this
Control is pretty weird. I like the Threshold Kids series inside the game though.

The Evil Within is pretty trippy too.

If you need more convincing Harvester is messed up, I present this scene:

I remember playing that but something stopped me from finishing it. Either a bug or I just couldn't figure out what to do, back in the day it really could have been either.

I always thought Painterboy on C64 was very weird. Why is everyone out to get me even my own boss? It's like nobody wants the house painted. And the car sound during transitions creeps me the hell out. It sounds like someone chanting through a voice synthesizer. na-na-na | na - na - na | na -na - na

Anyone here remember Little Big Adventure?
Yes. I think the sequel is better and I beat it a few times in the late 90's. Twinsen's Odyssey.

Edit : I didnt even know a remaster is coming out. This looks great.

Last edited:
Reactions: Axman
like this
The one that sticks out to me is Grim Fandango. It was incomprehensible to me at the time.

I was going to say Lifeline (every action is voice controlled IIRC), but this sounds even weirder lol.

"Dark Apes Of Fate". An attempt at a horror shooter, that came out around the same time as the first F.E.A.R. game, but was just plain weird. More recently, Scorn. Also just plain weird.

Also the Smurfs game for Colecovision.

While the game itself isn't weird, Puyo Puyo for the story.

If you want something completely illogical, this series is for you.

The storylines follow the following logic:

The main character might need to go to the store to buy butter. She bumps into a friend, and they need to battle!

Been playing games of all types, PC, Consoles, hand-helds for over 40 years yet there are two games which creeped me out.

Some of you youngsters may not remember either of these two but if ya want a creepfest, get them.

Clive Barker's Undying

I Have No Mouth but Must Scream

You'll have to look them up yourselves as I won't spoil the experience.

Back