Weird West (from ex-Arkane employees)

polonyc2

Fully [H]
In November, former Arkane creative director Raphael Colantonio and former Arkane executive producer Julien Roby announced that they'd rejoined forces to found a new indie developer called WolfeEye Studios, whose first game would be revealed at The Game Awards...tonight, as promised, it happened

Weird West is a dark fantasy reimagining of the Wild West, where gunslingers mix with wild creatures of nightmare...each game will follow a unique path based on player decisions: "Everything counts and the world reacts to the choices you make...form a posse or venture forth alone into an otherworldly confines of the Weird West and make each legend your own."...

Seems neat/different. At first I wasn't feeling the perspective, but it seems like you can control the camera so it isn't straight above Gauntlet-style.

1648737452962.png

https://opencritic.com/game/12939/weird-west

I do recommend waiting for a few patches before buyjng. Companions are very buggy and the same 3 or 4 level designs are reused constantly across the map. But yes it's a fun and deep game so far.

I am hoping they vary the levels more so there's less repetition. And greatly improve the AI of the companions.

My .02 after fina8hing the first main chapter is to wait for more patches and for a sale. $20 is more reasonable given some glaring issues.

I picked this up at CD keys see how it goes on the weekend. It looks better than Hard West 2 and Evil West isn't here
and not as long a RDR 2.

20221005032217_1.jpg

20221005033321_1.jpg

I like this game better than RDR the unlocks make it fun upgrades and secrets you can Steal Horses. I'm playing with a controller I wouldn't want to use a keyboard for this game because the action is fast at times. Totally recommend this game I might look up at picking Hard West 2 but I don't think it has controller support. The quest updates look alot like something Arcane would do.

Yeah, at times I wasn't have fun in the demo with keyboard and mouse. The weapon wheel is clearly meant for controller.

20221111101835_1.jpg

One of my Posse kicked the bucket but there was like 12 guys on the screen at one time I burrier him with a shovel.

20230621122648_1.jpg

20230621122157_1.jpg

This is still one of my favorite games on Steam I ever purchased. I got just over 10 hours in and completed the 1st character quest on the 2nd stage you spawn as a Pig in a swamp in the above screenshot. This game has it all good gameplay, cool quests, and controller support on top of it which is really good and interesting items that can be found in the game or upgraded.

I almost bought it a couple of weeks ago on gog at $16. Now it is $20 on "sale".

I am normally not into these kinds of games but the "ex Arkane employees" and some of the feedback in this thread have me looking into it.

Back