weird site problem (IE issue maybe)

tim_m

i'm so nice
the url in question is
http://mathcs.muhlenberg.edu/gallery/

now on my main rig, it's just fine, xp pro sp2 IE 6, but on a couple other computers around the house, the page is just blank, white, no error text or anything. i'm guessing it's some problem since i don't regularly update those computers (they're both IE 6 but not updated), they're only for crunching and i'm behind a router anyway.
blank_mathcs_pii450.JPG

blank_mathcs_dell500.JPG

an interesting thing though is that on that site, all of the sections are taken care of mod_rewrite except gallery, gallery is actually a sub folder whereas the others are just rewritten to php files. the computers with the problem with gallery can see the rest of the site just fine.

now before you say use mozilla, i reiterate that these aren't my main computers, i just happened to notice this issue on them.

well looking at the source, it looks like Moz is getting all the source HTML code to generate the page, but in IE its only HTMLcode with nothing inside the body tags.. Every once in a while i see SOME of the page, and when i check the source (in IE) i see some HTML code inside the body tags, but then it abruptly ends..

i think i figured out the problem. i was using ob_start('ob_gzhandler'); to try to save on the page size but i'm guessing that gallery has that ni its code somewhere and was screwing up when i used it so for now i just used plain ob_start();

Back