Weird RAM issues

Kelvarr

Supreme [H]ardness
Asus P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard
Known good GSkill Ripjaws

As you can see, I am getting different results, depending on which RAM module I have first, and which PSU I use.

Has anybody seen results like this? Or know what might be causing it? I was hoping to sell this motherboard, but with these inconsistencies, I don't know if I can.

RAM Table.PNG

are you sure you dont have a bad module? i would run memtest86+ on each module at stock speed, voltage and timings for 4-8hrs just to be certain. you could also try cleaning the contacts with alcohol and blowing out the dimm slots. have you noticed any kind of damage to the pcb or traces on either side of the mb? 24pin etc on mb looks good? no signs of burning etc? none of the auto oc features enabled? if none of that helps find the culprit i would try testing with a different set of memory or even just one module.
other than checking the psu rails under load i cant make a guess as to what role they may play. i cant think of anything else to try :(

Running at stock speeds?

How about trying to raise RAM voltage?

This has literally happened to me a couple weeks ago same board, my bios became corrupt after working very solid for months. Follow this link to reflash the corrupt section of bios

Do section 4 to ready all flash utilities, then follow section 5.4 to reflash corrupt IMEI or section 5.5 to reflash all sections of bios

https://hardforum.com/threads/tools...-on-asus-p8xxx-boards-fd44editor-ftk.1726429/

Like magic all your memory and overclocks work again, just save all your voltage settings because they default and saved profiles gone :(

Have to retune my 2700k back to 4.7ghz with 1.3 voltage and lower ddr3 timings running at ddr3 2166mhz : d

Or if your

Asus P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard
Known good GSkill Ripjaws

As you can see, I am getting different results, depending on which RAM module I have first, and which PSU I use.

Has anybody seen results like this? Or know what might be causing it? I was hoping to sell this motherboard, but with these inconsistencies, I don't know if I can.

View attachment 122776

This has literally happened to me a couple weeks ago same board, my bios became corrupt after working very solid for months. Follow this link to reflash the corrupt section of bios

Do section 4 to ready all flash utilities, then follow section 5.4 to reflash corrupt IMEI or section 5.5 to reflash all sections of bios

https://hardforum.com/threads/tools...-on-asus-p8xxx-boards-fd44editor-ftk.1726429/

Like magic all your memory and overclocks work again, just save all your voltage settings because they default and saved profiles gone :(

Have to retune my 2700k back to 4.7ghz with 1.3 voltage and lower ddr3 timings running at ddr3 2166mhz : d

Or if your
Or if my....whaaaaat.............?

Thanks for the link...I'll check it out.

Back