weird pixels on screen (not dead/stuck though)??

Hello,

I have just started receiving this weird problem lately. I was recommended to come to this forum for help. I hope this is the right section. I'm somewhat knowledgeable with computers but can't figure out what the heck this thing is. Check out the attached screenshot (the bottom right of it). It's not a dead pixel/stuck pixel because it doesn't show up over my mouse cursor or at all on the task manager or when booting up. Only when windows is up. I've done virus/spyware checks too as well as several reboots. I'm using windows 7. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

weirdjx.png

You're talking about the partial 'window' that crosses the scrollbar at the lower-right?
No idea. Something software-related is about all I can tell you for sure.
Hopefully, someone will come along shortly that knows.

Am I even looking at the right thing here???

It looks like a balloon notification is staying. Do you have the newest graphics drivers?

Friend of mine had this issue too. Changing resolutions didn't work, net stop uxsms/net start uxsms didn't work, though restarting fixes it till it comes back. I think disabling shadows in Windows would have fixed it but they never tried.

Right click on the Computer icon. Choose Advanced System settings. Click the Advanced Tab. Click Settings under Performance. Under the Visual Effects tab, de-select these one at a time and apply each time. See if the effect goes away. A quick way to see if it is one of these features is to just select Adjust for best performance which disables them all. That is where I would start. If none of those do it, just turn them back on.

Back