Weird Performance issue with Ryzen 1700

groebuck

2[H]4U
I have a Ryzen 1700 and Asus x370-pro mobo - Everything stock - just my corsair lpx 3200 running at 2933 (best it can do) ..when I run Cinebench - I get 300-400 points lower score than the ryzen 1700 score?? I did a clean install of windows 10 but still the same results...any thoughts?

what is your score? should be like 1250-1300ish.
what speed is it running at during your cinebench run?
what power profile are you using?
make sure everything, drivers, bios etc, is up to date and try the ryzen balanced power plan.

That Corsair LPX is probably Hynix chips. Definitely get the updated BIOS. Mine gets finicky and I have to run at 3066 but I have the B350 Tomahawk and I figure it's the weak memory subsystem.

I get 1250 when running at 3ghz-turbo disabled.
I get 1350 when running at 3,2ghz-turbo on
I got 1500 when i OC to 3,6ghz.
Ram is set to 2933 also corsair lpx.
What is your score?

1363 ish everything stock - hmm. There is a top line that says ryzen 1700 3.0 and the score is 1638 - I just assumed that was the average score for ryzen 1700.

I will get the new amd drivers - my ram will only ever hit 2933..I have the latest 810 bios but anything over 2933 puts it in boot loop. I havent really played around with it because stock was just fine for what i was doing - playing overwatch and the 1080 took care of that. I did oc it when I first got it together but put it all back to stock a while back because of a weird mouse issue.

1363 ish everything stock - hmm. There is a top line that says ryzen 1700 3.0 and the score is 1638 - I just assumed that was the average score for ryzen 1700.

I will get the new amd drivers - my ram will only ever hit 2933..I have the latest 810 bios but anything over 2933 puts it in boot loop. I havent really played around with it because stock was just fine for what i was doing - playing overwatch and the 1080 took care of that. I did oc it when I first got it together but put it all back to stock a while back because of a weird mouse issue.
1700 score is for 3.9 or 4ghz.
Stock 1700 at 3ghz should score between 1200-1300.

Yup - installed new drivers - set 39X multi and 1.35 volts memeory speed at 2933 ( still just refused to do even 3000) - and breaking the score on cinebench with 1675 - thanks for the help

Very nice, glad you got it performing well.

For the memory, go into your BIOS and on the Tweaker page, set memory using D.O.C.S select 3200.

Also raise your SOC voltage a bit like 1.38v.

try bumping the SOC as suggested and bump the ram voltage a bit too, maybe ~1.4v, it can handle it. worth a try.

if they're hynix chips (e.g. cas 16) there isn't really anything you can do to get them over 2933 currently.. you can get some to run 3066 but they're unstable as hell.. AMD's still working on trying to fix the problem though.

if they're hynix chips (e.g. cas 16) there isn't really anything you can do to get them over 2933 currently.. you can get some to run 3066 but they're unstable as hell.. AMD's still working on trying to fix the problem though.
+1 That's my experience also with the LPX, Hynix chips. Had them running at 3200 and when I added the AIO cooler had problems getting them there again. Currently running at 3066.

I have the exact same cpu and main board. 1700 with Asus x370 pro. Stock CPU setting turbo all on with my ram at 2933 I get 1422. I just ran it.

1678 at 3.8 GHz. I used Ryzen master to do it. Haven't figured out bios yes to overclock my CPU at all. I'm sure there's something simple im missing to get it to even boot. Been running stock and still loving this thing but I came from an FX cpu.

having a weird issue with my corsair headset now - it just randomly shuts off. It's really weird...never happend at stock and not sure why an oc would do that.

Don't know I don't use a headset. I do know I put this thing together and did not put on the back panel with all the wires tucked back in. Thought I would have some kind of problem . Guess its more of a I got it all hooked up correctly this time thing than anything. Loaded win and booted up fine. The sound only shuts off while overclocked? Not stock? You said you had problems with you memory. Try manually slowing it to like 1866 or so and see if it still does it.

I have had the memory at 2933 for a while just never oced the cpu - but last night playing overwatch - it just kept shutting off...who knows maybe it is a corsair issue.

You can't rely on xmp. Buno the comtage to 1.38 or 1.39 and it should lock on at 3200. I had to pump more power into my LPX ram back when I had a 1700x. On threadripper 1950x I am running GSkill 3000 at rated speed with just the xmp profile.

I have had the memory at 2933 for a while just never oced the cpu - but last night playing overwatch - it just kept shutting off...who knows maybe it is a corsair issue.
make sure under the windows power profile that usb select suspend is disabled and that under device manger the headset isn't set to "allow power off".

Cas 16 isn't necessarily Hynix. I have a dual rank bdie kit that is sold as cas16... and it won't run at 3200 either

Back