Weird Out of Office Assistant issue

YeOldeStonecat

[H]F Junkie
SBS2K3
XPp clients with Outlook 2K7sp2

So the girl flips on her OOA...puts in away mode. First e-mail sent to her...it will usually spit out an OOA. But additional e-mail...no love.

Has been working for rest of the office.
At first I saw, in message tracking, her account reply with an OOA..but it went into message categorizer..and dead end.

I go to her Outlook...put her back in office..and then flip it back to out of office..send an e-mail...her OOA will work and I'll get her reply...but additional e-mails..nothing, not even a hint in sent messages in tracking.

Out-of-Office assistant is only supposed to reply to the first message. That is how it works.

You should be able to do something with the rules for OOA but I have not tried this. However I think if you use the rules the first time they will get 2 messages, 1 from OOA and 1 from the rule. Every subsequent message will just be the rule reply.

Last edited:
Yea Auto Reply at least in Outlook is designed to only reply once. The theory is if two email systems were to both have auto reply enabled, they would continuously flood each other with auto replies.

Back