weird issue with Titan 6Gb

S_I_N_ecof

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok so I have this old Titan 6Gb card that whenever I install any nvidia drivers on it (have tried all the way back to 350.xxx and win7) it gives an error code of 43 and drivers not working in the device manager. Also when running GPU-Z it shows 0MB of memory no bandwidths either bus or memory. Code 43 shows to be a driver issue from the countless worthless posts I've googles. But again tried several different driver and also rolled back to win7. I have even flashed it with all 3 EVGA titan bios of that period. The card in question is an EVGA Titan SC Signature card.

Any thought on whats up??

Its hard to say, you should send it to me so I can use it forever check it out for you.

In all seriousness, it sounds like a bad card. I have a 670 that does the same thing, works OK with generic drivers but won't install Nvidia drivers. If you stress it eventually it artifacts like crazy and then goes to a black screen.

sup bro. Havent seen any artifacts on it but havent really stressed it yet. Just got this awhile back in a trade thinking I could fix it. I've even baked it twice to no avail. I'm also thinking its just a bad card that still like to display a video lol. Tomorrow if I have time I'll load a game on the rig its in and see what it does.

Thanks for the reply

Its hard to say, you should send it to me so I can use it forever check it out for you.

what'll ya trade for it :D

I assume you've tried DDU.
But again tried several different driver and also rolled back to win7.
Clean install?

Do you have other slots in the board you can try it in, or another computer? (good old generic code 43) I don't suppose it shows anything in the event viewer?

sup bro. Havent seen any artifacts on it but havent really stressed it yet. Just got this awhile back in a trade thinking I could fix it. I've even baked it twice to no avail. I'm also thinking its just a bad card that still like to display a video lol. Tomorrow if I have time I'll load a game on the rig its in and see what it does.

Thanks for the reply

what'll ya trade for it :D

Is this an OG Titan? What board are you trying to use it on or have you tried more than one?

Yes clean install of win 7 straight off the dvd as I couldn’t get my win7 usb working lol. I have not tried it in other slots on this board as it’s been on a couple different boards. I’ll check the event viewer and see what it shows. At a stand still kinda til later today as maintance has to finish repairing my ceiling in that area due to farking it up when the changed out the light fixture.

lig it’s an msi 790fx-gd70 I myself have not tried it in other boards but the person I got it from used a different board as well. I got in a trade for a 970 with a broken fan blade plus cash to me as a known issue.

Any luck with this? It might be a compatibility issue, that AMD chipset is very old.

Naw haven’t messed with it yet. Been working on my main. Swapped out my sp fans for ml fans unraided my m.2’s, as well as well as just out right redoing all my drives. Then lmfao I put the m.2’s back in raid since size wise it made more sense to have a 476gb partition size vs 2 238gb since programs and the likes are so big these days.

I have a h61 mobo and g530 cpu I could try it in since that’s a newer chipset lol but still old as hell.

Naw haven’t messed with it yet. Been working on my main. Swapped out my sp fans for ml fans unraided my m.2’s, as well as well as just out right redoing all my drives. Then lmfao I put the m.2’s back in raid since size wise it made more sense to have a 476gb partition size vs 2 238gb since programs and the likes are so big these days.

I have a h61 mobo and g530 cpu I could try it in since that’s a newer chipset lol but still old as hell.

I would try that just to be sure.

Back