Weird issue with Google Home

GhengisKhan

Supreme [H]ardness
I've tried everything I can think of to resolve this, but I'm at my wit's end.

Setup:
1 Home device in the living room.
1 Home Mini in the bedroom.
1 Insignia Connect smart plug on a lamp in the living room.
1 Insignia Connect smart plug on a lamp in the bedroom.
1 LG V30 (mine)
1 Samsung Galaxy S7 edge (wife's)

What happens:
I can say "Hey Google" and then either "turn on the bedroom light", or "living room light", from either room, and everything works like a charm. I can turn both lights on and off, no matter where I am.
My wife gets the response "it looks like Insignia Connect is unavailable right now." or "Sorry, I couldn't reach Insignia Connect." no matter where she is at or which light she is trying to operate.

What I've done:
Removed and added all devices back from both the Home app and the Insignia Connect app on both mine and the wife's phones.
Attempted to retrain the wife's voice in the Home app on her phone, but it hangs up on the screen saying "please wait..." (waited 1/2 hour while trying to look up resolutions on my phone.
Uninstalled, rebooted, and then reinstalled Google Home app on her phone and set everything up from scratch, no luck...

Does anyone have any ideas, or other resources that I haven't thought of yet?

It doesn't help but I had the same problem with my mother-in-laws phone. It would always freeze up at the "please wait" screen when trying to train her voice. I was not able to find a solution.

Do you have another device (tablet?) where you could run the training on? The app has a semi-known issue with multiuser add.

Back