Weird IPCop networking behavior

tallman23

n00b
When I booted up my laptop tonight (PC1), I can't get connected to the Internet. I went through all the power cycling of the ISP modem, ipconfig release/renew, netsh winsock reset, etc.

My laptop is connected to an IPcop box which is connected to the ISP DSL modem. Interestingly, I'm able to connect to the Internet (via the IPCop box) on a spare laptop (PC2). If I plug directly into the DSL modem, I get net access on PC1.

When connected via IPcop on PC1, a wireshark capture shows I can't even get past the default gateway (a ipconfig /release returns an error of "An error occurred while renewing interface Local Area Connection : unable to cotact your DHCP server. Request has timed out.") Moreover, while PC1 is connected to the IPcop box it pulls an IP address of the ISP. With PC2, it pulls the private IP address of the IPcop box.

From what I can deduce, the onboard NIC of PC1 is functioning and the IPcop box hardware is functioning.

While everything was perfect yesterday, is there a setting in IPcop that would filter traffic based on the MAC address of PC1? Can I reset IPcop to default settings?

Should I test something else?

Last edited:
Back