Weird hiccups in video playback

B00nie

[H]F Junkie
A friend of mine is a devoted Windows user so he even went and bought a Surface pro 3. He is also a home theater hobbyist that has been forced recently to start using streamed content (the local blu-ray rental store went bankrupt).

Whenever he streams any content using the surface pro, direct from browser or VLC he gets these annoying micro freezes where the playback skips a frame or two regularly.

Have any of you Windows/Surface users encountered this problem and have a clue what causes it?

The problem was solved by getting the latest generation AppleTV but he still would like to use the SP too.

masquap

Limp Gawd
I have a Surface Pro 3 i5 / 256Gb and haven't noticed it, I do generally use MPV though for video playback. Is it when playing on the Surface screen, or when outputting and external display, and what Windows is it running?

B00nie

[H]F Junkie
I have a Surface Pro 3 i5 / 256Gb and haven't noticed it, I do generally use MPV though for video playback. Is it when playing on the Surface screen, or when outputting and external display, and what Windows is it running?
External, he has an Atmos HT setup with a D-ILA projector.