Weird/Fun AMD 5000 Competition How good is your AMD PC Gaming ACO+PBO Boost

gerardfraser

[H]ard|Gawd
Alcohol has nothing to do with this thread :p

AMD has released some nice tools and only to get better in December with Agesa 1.1.8.0 and AMD Adaptive Undervolting.For now while I wait for new tools.

Lets see how much AMD Curve Optimizer + Precision Boost Overdrive can your new AMD 5000 CPU hit on all cores in PC Gaming. This thread is for the elite J/K.

Basically pick any PC game with no rules,take a screen shot of your PC Gaming boost clocks on all cores for epeen/evag champs.

My BIOS Settings for this test on AMD Curve Optimizer for all screenshots
MSI-Snap-Shot-04.png

For those who do not know how AMD Curve Optimizer + PBO works.
You can set whatever you want and check stability. First off there are two different areas in all BIOS for PBO stuff.
In the AMD overclocking section ,go to PBO and set your AMD curve optimizer up- this will give you normal boost clock EG:5800X boost to 4850Mhz
In this section you can add up to 200Mhz it is the same for all motherboards EG: 4850Mhz+200Mhz=5050Mhz
If you want higher CPU boost clocks then you need to goto the second area for PBO settings
Advanced CPU Configuration set your PBO boost higher than 200Mhz like in the first section on MSI motherboards you can go as high as 500Mhz
To get 5100Mhz then set PBO here to 250Mhz
So 4850Mhz+250Mhz= 5100Mhz
save and test.

I will start with Bronze/Silver/Gold screens

Mass Effect Andromeda Boost All Cores 5000Mhz
Mass-Effect-Andromeda-AMD-5800-X-5000-Mhz.png

Xuan-Yuan Sword VII Boost All Cores 5050Mhz
AMD-5800-X-5050-Mhz-all-cores.png

Assassin's Creed Valhalla Boost All Cores 5075Mhz
in-s-Creed-Valhalla-Screenshot-AMD-5800-X-5075-Mhz.png

Observer System Redux -Palatium CLUB 5100Mhz All cores
Observer-System-Reduxe-5100-Mhz.png

SEKIRO SHADOWS DIE TWICE -Diamond CLUB 5125Mhz All cores
SEKIRO-SHADOWS-DIE-TWICE-AMD-5800-X-5125-Mhz.png

Your spot here -Titanium CLUB 5150Mhz

Xuan-Yuan Sword VII Boost -Prestige CLUB 5200Mhz
Xuan-Yuan-Sword-VII-Prestige-club-5200-Mhz.png

Attachments

• Mass-Effect-Andromeda-AMD-5800-X-5000-Mhz.png
    Mass-Effect-Andromeda-AMD-5800-X-5000-Mhz.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Some SOTTR set up to 5150 Boost holds 5000+Mhz for 20 minutes.No performance gains at higher resolution .

5800X temperatures
50687913212_fa79915538_o.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Gerard,

Nice OC and capture. I'm going to try and get OC'ed once I get a new mounting bracket for my OG Thermal Right Silver Arrow.

For your power supply's CPU connectors, did you use the 8pin + 4pin or just the 8pin?

Also what RTX 3080 is that?

Thanks,

Of course I used the 8pin+4pin ,I personally would never use the computer with just the 8pin .
Asus Tuf RTX 3080.
I owned 3 RTX 3080 and they were all the same ,fast cards @4K

gerardfraser Thank you for all your hard work and sharing this with the rest of us (Much appreciated) !!! THis thread is a great idea and I will share my results once I complete 2 builds I'm doing for my kids. I might have a question or two later on.... BTW.. are you using 140 or 151 BIOS? I have the same mobo, and same 3080 TUF GPUs.... ALso I'm very courious how h100i aio will handle the 5900x. I remember you switched top mounted rad to front to shave off 10C or something like this. I'm planning to mounted top. Also I'm not planning on doing any O/C, I will try to do some undervolting if possible to cut on some temps/heat. Since the kids will want to use them right away (they've been waiting for new PCs since April), I won't have too much time to tinker. I just want to set it and forget it.

I'm still waiting for my 5900x twins from B&H (heard some rumours it could this week). However I believe it when I see it :)

No problem I am just sharing what I done,I have done it with 6 Different Ryzen CPU's . I usually get this guy is spamming all over the internet from the nutbars. Positive stuff is always good,I am no expert with any of these thing and if you read what the nutbars say about me sharing information ,I aparently have scored 6 golden CPU chips on all of them.I have owned 7 Ryzen in total.

Well with the BIOS changes,I try every BIOS made for the motherboard I am using . Curve optimizer I think I started with 1.40/1.41 beta and moved to 1.51 beta and next week will be using 1.6 with Agesa 1.1.8.0 and AMD Adaptive Undervolting and this is the real BIOS everyone should use.

I did switch from top mount radiator because the RTX 3080 just put to much heat in my case and it effected CPU 15°C in prolonged PC gaming sessions but it did not effect short runs of Cinebench or the like.
I made my own bracket to mount the radiator in my case. I am done rambling now

Top Mount

CPU - 78.5°C
Chipset - 56.5°C
GPU - 58°C

Front Mount

CPU - 63.3°C Dropped 15°C
Chipset - 59.5°C Raised 3°C
GPU - 60°C Raised 2°C

Top Mount Temperatures
https://postimg.cc/640LyY5y

Front Mount Temperatures
https://postimg.cc/HjCq8nkg

thanks for sharing... Tomahawk mobo and TUF gpu both are great on thermals/temps. What Case are you using? ... You could probably do a tiny sig with your rig info :)
Cannot wait for your test results using my bios. I just got lovely update email from B&H about my 5900x twins not arriving in 2020. I'm very disappointed.

LOL case would scare you,it is a haf x nvidia case from 2010 that has been across the country of Canada and seen better days. Has never been dusted and is in a room with the furnace that no one has entered ever in my house but me.Like I said in original thread I made on this mount thing,I ghetto up a bracket out of some stuff and now it is front mounted with barbs down and works. shock in 3-2-1- So no sig incoming,but I am really ok with the case.

1.jpg

LOL case would scare you,it is a haf x nvidia case from 2010 that has been across the country of Canada and seen better days. Has never been dusted and is in a room with the furnace that no one has entered ever in my house but me.Like I said in original thread I made on this mount thing,I ghetto up a bracket out of some stuff and now it is front mounted with barbs down and works. shock in 3-2-1- So no sig incoming,but I am really ok with the case.

I like it, if ain't broken... whatever works :) However that colour would drive me bananas LOL I would spray paint it to black or something :)

I like ghetto mods myself, you should see my rig gaming/media server box with 8 HDDs suspended in the air using elastic bands (to prevent HDD noise) in my CM Half-x case with 3 200mm fans. I would still recommend these elastic bands, which I've been using for the last 15yrs or so :p

LOL The case is crap,it has maybe close to 10000KM-15000KM on it traveling around Canada over few years. It is bent like crazy I got to force side panels on it.It seen better days but still holds my gear and that is all I care about.

LOL The case is crap,it has maybe close to 10000KM-15000KM on it traveling around Canada over few years. It is bent like crazy I got to force side panels on it.It seen better days but still holds my gear and that is all I care about.
Nothing that duck tape and/or tinfoil cannot fix :)

Case looks like a few I scabbed together over the years.😏 I always watch your posts for tips and such and thank you for sharing.

Thanks for making this thread as I was unable to find the setting to raise the core clocks on my Ryzen in the shitty MSI bios.

Thanks for making this thread as I was unable to find the setting to raise the core clocks on my Ryzen in the shitty MSI bios.
Glad to help out a little. Sold my 5800X yesterday and bought 10850K ,I could not resist they are so cheap with Intel sales. I am an Idiot but hey I got two extra cores lol.

Glad to help out a little. Sold my 5800X yesterday and bought 10850K ,I could not resist they are so cheap with Intel sales. I am an Idiot but hey I got two extra cores lol.
I like to go back and forth, or build out gaming rigs for my buddies kids to keep my hands on whatever is new and cool.

Keeps you informed/entertained, people are too invested in brand loyalty.

I like to go back and forth, or build out gaming rigs for my buddies kids to keep my hands on whatever is new and cool.

Keeps you informed/entertained, people are too invested in brand loyalty.
I agree 100%,You wanna see some of the stupid comments I got on some videos the fanboys are nuts for no reason at all. I really do like AMD stuff but I am running a Nvidia RTX 3080 with a Intel 10850K. IF I found a deal on 5950X tomorrow I would sell the 3 day old 10850K without batting an eyelash.

Oh you just missed it... the modified runs are with the smt patch.

xxJ2hsYaDZZbTTAeNpR33o.png

I did not miss the SMT patch ,tested and enjoyed the CPU usage but there was no performance boost in any aspect and those benches are all BS except maybe Ryzen 4 core CPU.

So nobody with an AMD CPU can post one screenshot with AMD Ryzen running above 5000Mhz amazing, usually people like to brag.

Xuan Yuan Sword VII 4K HDR up to 5150Mhz

Shadow of the Tomb Raider AMD 5000+Mhz for 20 minutes,do not get butt hurt lol

With my X570-Strix-E board and 5600x, I set my pbo fmax enchancer on and AUTO OC to +400. I see 5050 single to dual and 4900 to light multithreaded to 4650-4700 for heavy multithreaded. I didn't know there was a curve optimizer to undervolt the cores though.. But i don't know if I will get any higher.. I tried setting the AUTO OC to +500(my board lets me set a limit up to 2000, not sure if that actually lets it try it though) and I didn't see the single get any higher than that.. I will try to undervolt and see if I can get it higher.

With my X570-Strix-E board and 5600x, I set my pbo fmax enchancer on and AUTO OC to +400. I see 5050 single to dual and 4900 to light multithreaded to 4650-4700 for heavy multithreaded. I didn't know there was a curve optimizer to undervolt the cores though.. But i don't know if I will get any higher.. I tried setting the AUTO OC to +500(my board lets me set a limit up to 2000, not sure if that actually lets it try it though) and I didn't see the single get any higher than that.. I will try to undervolt and see if I can get it higher.
2000 that is interesting,well give curve optimizer a try and see what you can do. I made lots of post on how to use it.
Xuan-Yuan-Sword-VII-Prestige-club-5200-Mhz.png

Alright.. using the above method, I was able to use a negative 15 on the curve optimizer, using a 20on all cores crashed during some testing... so I can optimize some of those 6 cores to a -20 possibly.. Only thing this did was kept my single at 5050, raised my low multithreaded to a 5050 and made 4850-4900 for heavy multithreaded workloads. My temps dropped quite a bit... from 77-78 to a 69-70 when doing 30 mins of cinebench r23 runs... Playing around I did happen to see a 5075 spike on some cores but I don't think its worth messing around to get +25 more.... Passes one hour OCCT linpack and OCCT extreme test also.. so it appears to be somewhat stable.. Pretty impressed on this chip.. I am jealous I can't hit 5.2GHz like you can though...

Ill have to take some screenshots in a little bit.. Trying to multitask and setup a exercise bike while running tests lol.

Cinebench r23 gets me just 11950 on multi and single core gets me 1600..

I'll just let my 5900x to boost up to 5050 MHz and just leave it at that. -10 and +100 MHz. It's stable so that's fine (might do better than that though but don't want to tweak further). I'll keep the default power limit (more practical in heavy threaded work).

Back