Weird freeze,crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgty23

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello. Never happened like this in this game,Control Remedy. I was able to run game 24 hours without issue. But Today game just freeze,hang up. Mouse not responding,keyboard not responding. CTRL ALT DELETE logout from system.
Event viewer nothing about crash,no driver crash. Just simply game freeze.

I have 2080 Ti Aorus NO OC stock,9700K Stock.

Any ideas why that happened? My pc are stable. But i dont know if something is broken in pc?
Ostatnio edytowany przez

If that was not bsod,not driver crash,not app crash just simply app freeze is any chance that was game issue?

I remember that on this day i do something inside pc case. I changed position of GPU AIO cable ,because cable get inside of back case exhaust fan. So fan was not turning. So i just move position of cable to not interfere with fan.
And after that i run CONTROL and after 2-3 hours game freeze. Something like that never happened ,game never freeze on this pc for me.
So maybe i just damaged something in pc or that was coincedence?

Game is on epic launcher. Yesterday i left game running when i go out from home for 2 hours.

When i back i saw: game freezed,character stop moving,mouse not reacting.
So i was able only to make CTRL ALT DELETE and kill process in task manager.
Event viewer nothing say about APP CRASH and no DRIVER CRASH. Just game stop reacting,moving. Also now its fine again.

Game is on epic launcher. Yesterday i left game running when i go out from home for 2 hours.

When i back i saw: game freezed,character stop moving,mouse not reacting.
So i was able only to make CTRL ALT DELETE and kill process in task manager.
Event viewer nothing say about APP CRASH and no DRIVER CRASH. Just game stop reacting,moving. Also now its fine again.
sounds like its the game not the system. stop leaving it open and maybe reboot between gaming sessions.

It happened again. I reproduced that. This time after 20 hours. All freezes,character stop moving,mouse not reacting,keyboard stop responding. All i can do is to CTRL ALT DELETE and kill game in task manager. No display driver crash,no app crash in event log. So propably game bug?

GPU temps are very low 62C. CPU 45C.

It happens randomly when i left game. First time it freezed after 2 hours,yesterday after 12 hours.
Game is in process,but stops responding. I mean mouse not reacting,keyboard not reacting,and character is freezed.
Only i can hear is music in background. I must force CTRL ALT DELETE and close game.

Event viewer nothing say,no app crash,no driver crash.

GPU temps are very low 62C. CPU 45C.

It happens randomly when i left game. First time it freezed after 2 hours,yesterday after 12 hours.
Game is in process,but stops responding. I mean mouse not reacting,keyboard not reacting,and character is freezed.
Only i can hear is music in background. I must force CTRL ALT DELETE and close game.

Event viewer nothing say,no app crash,no driver crash.
Maybe, just maybe, you should save and quit this game when you're going to leave it for 12 hours, versus just leaving it running.

I don't think this is a hardware issue - it sounds like the game just doesn't handle idling for hours very well. All of the signs you mention point to a situation where the system says to the game "My friend, you know all those resources we lent you, control of mouse, GPU, monitor, and so forth? I am afraid we will need those back, my friend. Today." And then the game says "Oh, shit, uhhh, hang on a second, I didn't think you'd need those back so soon, man. I'm gonna need a few days to get them all together." and then the system says "My friend, I would hate for my associate in Garbage Collection to feel the need to pay you a visit. He is a very unsavory subroutine, you see..."

During hang i am hearing only music from game.
This is just a function of how sound on PCs works. The program that played the sound can crash and the sound will keep playing, because the actual playing of sounds isn't part of what crashed. The problem is that you're leaving a game running, apparently unattended, for many hours, and for whatever reason, it then crashes.

What game is it that does this?

Control Remedy,also no driver crash and no app crash in event viewer. Sometimes after 2 hours sometimes after 12 hours it will freeze. So rma pc?

Last edited:
Last question.Somebody said that this is stability issue. Listen to him or not? Last question. But i tested 3dmarks and no issues.

Nah somebody in other forum said that this is stability issue. So i ask here :)

Is this hardware issue or software?
Snarky answer: Faulty hardware between keyboard and chair.

Actual answer:
This is a software issue. The game is crashing due to bugs in the game. You can likely avoid this by not leaving the game running for hours and hours unattended, but you keep insisting on doing that. Stop leaving the game running for no reason, and you'l stop having these problems.

OKi thank you :)Its the game like you said,because there was not anything in event viewer,like app crash or driver crash.

Hey guys sorry for last question. I find that topic:

Guy had freezes on not stable gpu. Maybe my gpu is not stable if that i had similiar freezes only 2 times of long time? But i dont had display driver crash in event viewer,nothing in event viewer.

Hey guys sorry for last question. I find that topic:

Guy had freezes on not stable gpu. Maybe my gpu is not stable if that i had similiar freezes only 2 times of long time? But i dont had display driver crash in event viewer,nothing in event viewer.
No. THE PROBLEM IS THE GAME. Your graphics card is perfectly fine. It's the game that crashes sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back