Weird crash and after moment system restarted on 9900K and 2080 Ti.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgty23

[H]ard|Gawd
Monitor:AORUS AD27QD
Cpu: i7-9900K stock 4.7 with Noctua NH-D15
Gpu: Rtx 2080 Ti Aorus Xtreme Waterforce ( stock no oc,temps max 63C on load )
Ram: 32gb 2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000MHZ XMP
Psu: Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 850W
Monitor: AORUS AD27QD
SSD: Crucial 1TB
HDD: WB BLUE 1 TB
Case: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P

Hello. I bought GPU in october 2019. All was super smooth,stable,no issues. I left many games running for hours without crash or restart. But............

Yesterday i left Metro Exodus when i go to work for 12 hours. When i back to home game was still running,fine. But when i click EXIT to main menu,monitor goes black screen and game crashed with display driver crash. After moment when i was on Windows 10 idle,pc restarted itself ( kernel 41 ). And now its fine again.

My question is GPU OR PSU get overheated ?First that crash,second restart itself from Windows.

ps:
PSU is 2 months old.

Should i worry?

The error usually happens when the driver crashes and Windows fails to recover the device. It can happen when the video card sits too long and its asked to change states, but it fails to respond in time. I wouldn't worry about it. Remember to quit your games when you go to work! That is a waste of electricity.

Ok but why pc restarted itself after crash? After crash i was in Windows 10 and out of the blue, after 2-3 minutes pc restart just.

Sometimes computers are weird :-P. Don't worry too much about it.
just his pc crashes! lol i hate to see yours;) I think i would not just leave the games running while gone if its doing that type of stuff

Ok but after moment in this day,pc rebooted itself from Windows desktop with KERNEL 41? its hardware issue?

Ok but after moment in this day,pc rebooted itself from Windows desktop with KERNEL 41? its hardware issue?
yep......could be unstable ram. power supplys would usually just power off when faulty (more often) retarts that come out of know where are do to ram. (often just relaxing the timings is a quick easy fix)

Last edited:
So how can i diagnose this if it happened once? But if i ask it was caused by hardware, so hardware?

So how can i diagnose this if it happened once? But if i ask it was caused by hardware, so hardware?
yes hardware....if it were me id go into the bios and look over the settings and start there

Restart happened once i cant reproduce this. Is any sense to turning off xmp now?

OP: IMO if it's only happened once then why worry? If it happens again or the same reboot occurs under different circumstances then start digging. There's really no way for us to guess the cause as there's just too many variables. We know nothing about the build whether it was fresh install, etc., and the cause could be from something unrelated like a network adaptor other device failing to wake correctly. We can only try and guess what's going on. I'd wait to see if it happens again...

Last edited:
i agree...a one time thing is nothing to worry about...if it happens weekly or monthly then somethings needs to be fixed. Once can just be a fluke and impossible to troubleshoot.

i have found a file and i think it was related to that restart !!! Here is screen. Something with win32k callout.
w1.jpg

w2.jpg

But this file appeared before when system get rebooted. And in event log is not any bugcheck,just reboot like if power cut. So maybe this is not related?

i have found a file and i think it was related to that restart !!! Here is screen. Something with win32k callout.
View attachment 213441

View attachment 213442

But this file appeared before when system get rebooted. And in event log is not any bugcheck,just reboot like if power cut. So maybe this is not related?
You're reading far too much into this. One crash does not warrant a CSI style investigation. If it becomes frequent, then you start digging.

PCs crash sometimes, that's just how it is.

You're reading far too much into this. One crash does not warrant a CSI style investigation. If it becomes frequent, then you start digging.

PCs crash sometimes, that's just how it is.
This could be taken the wrong way imo.....My setup can go all year with zero crashes. Some pcs are truly stable and some are not lol:)

This could be taken the wrong way imo.....My setup can go all year with zero crashes. Some pcs are truly stable and some are not lol:)
MIne too. I checked again many games,stress tests and no issues. Happened once not able to reproduce. :) So you never know if something will happen.

Monitor:AORUS AD27QD
Cpu: i7-9900K stock 4.7 with Noctua NH-D15
Gpu: Rtx 2080 Ti Aorus Xtreme Waterforce ( stock no oc,temps max 63C on load )
Ram: 32gb 2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000MHZ XMP
Psu: Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 850W
Monitor: AORUS AD27QD
SSD: Crucial 1TB
HDD: WB BLUE 1 TB
Case: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P

Hello. I bought GPU in october 2019. All was super smooth,stable,no issues. I left many games running for hours without crash or restart. But............

Yesterday i left Metro Exodus when i go to work for 12 hours. When i back to home game was still running,fine. But when i click EXIT to main menu,monitor goes black screen and game crashed with display driver crash. After moment when i was on Windows 10 idle,pc restarted itself ( kernel 41 ). And now its fine again.

My question is GPU OR PSU get overheated ?First that crash,second restart itself from Windows.

ps:
PSU is 2 months old.

Should i worry?
I don't want to be the voice of damnation here, however, when old 2080Ti's started to die they did what you just described. I had a defective 2080Ti that exhibited this. Might not be the case, but something to look into. If you start noticing graphical artifacting, you know your 2080Ti has shit the bed.

After 12 hours i click EXIT TO MAIN MENU and game crash to desktop and system was unresponsible ,i mean i was able to move cursour but nothing to do,because arrow dissapeared and it was turning circle instead of arrow.
So i log off and log in again to system. And bum reboot.

Screen from event log:

20:17:30 reported time of unexpected reboot. There was not bugcheck.

SuPCFqy.jpg

Also found file in : windows/livekernelreports/ pow32kwatchdog.dmp.

Time: 20:18:00

nDdzHKV.jpg

When that happened i dont saw a BLUESCREEN on display,only simply reboot. But my question is. Is that file windows/livekernelreports/ pow32kwatchdog.dmp , was related to that unexpected reboot? Thanks

WTF? You left it running again 12 hours and it crashed!!!!??????? SHOCKING NEWS AT 11! STOP! Moderator on behalf of the forumers, please lock this thread. Thank you. Problem is between the chair and keyboard. :rolleyes:

Hey guys. I am worried because it was crash with black screen and lost signal for 1 minute. I clicked after 12 hours EXIT TO MAIN MENU , and instead of back to MENU monitor goes black with no signal. After minute signal back and game crashed. Is this issue with card ? It happened once

Hey guys. I am worried because it was crash with black screen and lost signal for 1 minute. I clicked after 12 hours EXIT TO MAIN MENU , and instead of back to MENU monitor goes black with no signal. After minute signal back and game crashed. Is this issue with card ? It happened once

No.

Issue with user.

The error usually happens when the driver crashes and Windows fails to recover the device. It can happen when the video card sits too long and its asked to change states, but it fails to respond in time. I wouldn't worry about it. Remember to quit your games when you go to work! That is a waste of electricity.
Ah thanks i understand now :)

Ok i will stop complaint , sorry guys. All clear,topic we can close.I just read now what Armenius said :) I am in work and now i read hehe. Sorry for asking too much. Thanks again. <3 love you all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS:
tommorow 12 hours in work again hehe :)

Hey guys. Really appreciate it for help. I am a bit worried.

SOmebody said that this reboot was caused by ,power issue ,or ram? Is that true?

I never had problems with running with ram on XMP. Also psu is brand new.

"
Again, if you are also seeing spontaneous reboots (which you have not mentioned before), then yes, you likely have bad DRAM (or a failure in your processor, but very unlikely).

...S"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back