Weird crackling noise during cutscenes in games!

thehybridfrog

Limp Gawd
I'm having a weird issue that I thought was isolated to my old headset (Corsair USB H1) that would happen every once in a while, maybe 20% of my games.

Cutscenes and menu sounds would cause crackling in my headset at every volume. The crackling was always kind of loud and would increase in frequency if there was a lot of sound playing in cutscenes.

I have since moved on to a clip-mic and now I use AKG-K701 through Fiio e7+e9 connected via USB. I thought for sure this would have solved my problems.

Wrong! Now the audio crackles at all volumes (sometimes). I'm still getting the crackling in Alice: Madness Returns and Metro 2033 menu and cutscene sections. Weirdly I tried several other games and those are the only 2 with the crackling.

Googling the problem did not help, complaints range from specific headsets (Logitech G930 commonly) to specific games but not this problem in general.

So [H]ardforum, what's the problem? I should mention that when I connect via 3.5'' or use my speakers (Z623 connected by 3.5'' to my motherboard) I do not get any crackling. Is there something about using USB audio that I am not aware of?

Back