Weird CD burning problem..

enlightenedby42

Supreme [H]ardness
First of all, apologies to the mods if this should have been in Audio but it was kind of a grey area thing that could've gone either way.
Anyway, audio cd's I've burned lately have all had skips and stutters in them. I have two burners, one a Plexwriter Premium and one a Sony DRU-530A(if i remember right), and lately cd's burned on both skip to varying degrees. Using good quality sony cd's that have worked in the past, and also audio files that I've burned just fine in the past on the same hardware and software (nero 6). Any idea what might cause this? Also, would burning from a firewire HDD cause trouble because of the slower access? (have tried it from the internal drive too, though, and have the same trouble)

enlightenedby42 said:
Also, would burning from a firewire HDD cause trouble because of the slower access? (have tried it from the internal drive too, though, and have the same trouble)

If you've tried from your other internal drives, then I don't think that's what is going on.

Do you have another user account set up? maybe set one up *can be deleted later* and try it there to see if it is something quirky with your profile.

What about other software? media player will burn audio cd's...

Back