weird activation issue

Stoly

Supreme [H]ardness
I change components regularly for testing, and rarely get an activation notice. And when happens, I just reactivated without a problem.

A few minutes ago on boot up, some hardware was detected (I haven't installed anything in weeks) and failed to install.

I got an activation notice for the new hardware. Since I don't have the key with me right now, (its in the office) I figured I could change it for one of my technet keys.

I tested 6 of them. None of them worked.

Funny thing. I installed a crack and voila it works now.

So MS is acussing me of using pirated keys and won't activate my windows 7. But now I have a cracked version which MS says its OK.

Go figure.

Sorry, no discussion of cracks whatsoever.

Wow, applied a crack and now they are accusing your of using pirated keys, HOW DARE THEY!

no need for a crack tho, the OS continues to work, just changes the backround and stuff

I wasn't aware that WGA no longer set windows to reduced functionality mode.

It hasn't since early 2008 with Vista SP1, the WGA system just had/has too many false positive reports for pirated software, so they pulled the reduced functionality mode because many legit keys/programs were being incorrectly flagged.

It hasn't since early 2008 with Vista SP1, the WGA system just had/has too many false positive reports for pirated software, so they pulled the reduced functionality mode because many legit keys/programs were being incorrectly flagged.

Good thing I skipped vista then. This is the first time I had an issue like this, on a pc with a valid license of course.

I'm curious as to why it happened, I'm going to check the logs.

This is a fix we do on a daily basis for Vista and 7.

If you have Norton on your system, I think I can tell you what caused the
problem. But don't tell Symantec, they'll call me a liar.

One of the many reasons Norton products fail.

Haven't used norton products in ages. I rather have no Anti virus.

If you "test" a lot of hardware. why dont you keep rearming the time trial instead?

Back