WEIRD 6800GT 3dmark score

jsn117

Limp Gawd
My specs are in my sig, and I ran 3dmark03 and got a 9960 with my card OC'd to 430/1150! Games are running fine, but what is with this score?

*if it helps, I have a Sound Blaster Live Value card that got horrible scores...but can a sound card be responsible for this?

mother of...

I ran it again...7892

2 things I noticed, the CPU tests slowed down to 1 FPS as did the sound card tests.

newest forceware drivers...motherboard drivers installed as well

Remove all drivers with Driver cleaner uninstall Sblive and then rerun if not just reformat...

As they say "...when in doubt..."

Other then that make sure your quality settings are good in the nV tab, look at your process' for a rouge program and of course your settings in BIOS

once again, i just posted this, lol, go into to the settings for your drivers (rightclick on desktop, click properties, click settings, click advanced,) and hunt around for the Open GL and Direct 3D settings, set them to Optimal Perfomence, and you will see a hudge jump in score.

on the newest nvidia drivers I dont see any type of Open GL or Direct 3D settings :confused:

What score do you get when you run it at stock? When i tried to overclock my GT i would get worst scores with the overclocked card,i just got a card that dont like o/c but i'm happy with it at stock.

If you overclock your GT too far it will clock throttle and give you lower scores. Try running it again at lower clockspeeds.

mariorulz247 said:
does switching it to optimal performance hurt IQ in games ???

Yes. Performance = crap image quality.

To the thread starter: "When in doubt.."
Just format your comp dude.

I can get the same result from driver cleaner as I can reformating, so any other advice?

you are most likely overclocking too high, so the card will reduce the speeds to prevent death.

Ok, I turned down the image quality and had to make a specific profile for 3dmark, but I got a 11890

jsn117 said:
Ok, I turned down the image quality and had to make a specific profile for 3dmark, but I got a 11890

That sounds right, I hit 11,000 on rig #1 in sig, stock on the GT.

Unit-0 said:
Yes. Performance = crap image quality.

To the thread starter: "When in doubt.."
Just format your comp dude.
no, it really doesnt hurt image quality. You must have a fine eye

Glad to see my advice helped, that score is alot better then your first, hehe

I have my IQ set at "High Performance," and there's no visible difference between it and "High Quality."

Back