Weekend Project - Low Voltage

PHUNBALL

Gawd
This weekend I started all of the low-voltage for my new house. This first weekend I installed the central vacume tubing and wiring, the security wiring, and ENT (electrical non-metalic tubing) to be used for pulling additional cables if any should be left out (RG6 Coax, Cat5e/6, etc.). Next weekend I start on the whole house audio, coax, and cat5e/6 cabling going to every room.

Cabinet to terminate all RG6 Coax, Cat5e/6, and Security
IMG_3348.JPG

Tubing to Attic and Additional Network Equipment (Servers, etc.)
IMG_3350.JPG

Tubing for Surround Sound in Living Room (Blue) and
Tubing for Additional Cabling (Orange)
IMG_3337.JPG

Termination of Orange Tubing Where Network Equipment Will be Housed
IMG_3342.JPG

Other End of One of the Surround Sound Runs in Living Room.
All Speakers Will be Definitive Technologies In-Ceiling Speakers.
IMG_3369.JPG

Tube (grey) to Wire Television (Over Fireplace) into Media Cabinet.
Hitachi 42HDT52 42" HD Plasma
IMG_3339.JPG

Central Vacume Tubing
IMG_3344.JPG

I thought you guys might be interested in this, especially if you are looking to do something similar. I am making sure to run as much of the ENT as possible in order to make changes once the sheetrock goes up.

Im a low-voltage contractor in Scottsdale Arizona. We do residential data, telcom, security, audio video, automation, and central vacuum. I must say nice job! Its to bad customers wont pay to have future conduit put in. It would prevent us from having to to do so much retro work. Your central vacuum looks great too, are you a low voltage contractor?

No, This is actually my first low-voltage project of such magnitude, but I am pretty handy when it comes to this kind of thing. I am a network engineer by trade, so I guess that helps a little bit.

Back